DFGT 180~220 degrees lock?

• Thread starter MerlinRPM
  • 15 comments
Canada
Nova Scotia
MerlinRPM
Hey all,

I've had a Logitech Driving Force Pro for years (since GT4).

I loved that the DFP would only allow 180~220 degrees of rotation (in F1 2010), which is perfect. I drive a Formula 2000 in real life and I like the ~200 degrees lock to lock of a formula car.

Recently I decided to upgrade and get a Logitech Driving Force GT, mainly for the GT5 specific buttons. Love the wheel in GT5, but it's less than stellar in F1 2010.

My biggest complaint is the DFGT still wants to do it's 900 degrees of rotation, so I find myself going beyond lock in the game.

Is there anyway to set the DFGT to 180~220 degrees of rotation max for F1 2010?

According to info on the Logitech site, they took that technology out of the DFGT and rely totally on the game to enable 200 degree support. So it sounds like it's up to Codemasters.

I really doubt that will make it into a patch (if there is going to be another patch) but maybe it'll make it into F1 2011.

I could be wrong but in the" My F1 " menu there is a place where you can adjust your wheel settings. one of the settings is "steering saturation".
I'm in the process of tweaking this myself, and from what I've read on other sites you can further tighten your steering by reducing the steering saturation. Mine was set to 100%, which is the default. I tried yesterday with it set to 90% and today I'm going to deuce it to 85%. From what I understand this reduces the amount that you have to turn the wheel to get it from lock to lock, so if your wheel is set to 270 or 200, whatever it is, you calculate the amount of saturation that you want. so 85% of 270 is 229.5 and 85% of 200 is 170.

Yes it reduces the amount you have to turn the wheel but it doesn't actually "lock" it and prevent it from turning more than ~200 degrees.

I'm using settings very similar to this:

* Steering Deadzone = 0%
* Steering Saturation = 85%
* Steering Linearity = 50%
* Throttle Deadzone = 0%
* Throttle Saturation = 100%
* Brake Deadzone = 0%
* Brake Saturation = 100%
* Environmental Effects = 100%
* Force Feedback Strength = 100%
* Wheel Weight = 100%

There's also a thread on this on the Codemaster's F1 forum
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/437024-perfect-wheel-settings-6.html

I meant lock to lock on the car in the game not the lock to lock on the DFP

Oh yes that is there, it reduces the amount you need to turn... I've already got mine setup as good as it's going to get without physically locking the DFGT. :(

herburt, I think you're misunderstanding us. From what we've found it's not possible to physically limit the rotation of the DFGT to ~200 degrees for F1 2010 on the PS3. The wheel will always physically do it's 900 degrees of rotation.

In game/on the screen in the F1 cockpit view the screen wheel will stop at about 90 degrees but the DFGT will physically rotate beyond that, unlike the DFP which physically stopped turning when the wheel in the cockpit view stopped.

EDIT: However I would loved to be proven wrong.

Hi,

The DFGT does not lock at 200 degrees, and will continue to rotate beyond this point. As far as I am aware the DFP is the only Logitech 900 degrees wheel that can be manually locked to 180 degrees.

It is does turn all the way to 900, yes, but the steering is only functional in the 180 - 220 (I forget) steering zone for f1 2010.

Back