DFGT deadzone

  • Thread starter Thread starter [Ugly]Cow
  • 15 comments
  • 5,616 views
Messages
3
Hey, so I recently received a wheel from two of my friends for my birthday and it was an amazing gesture. The thing is they got me this gamestop branded wheel and there seems to be quite a deadzone on it. It doesn't respond until after turning it 45 degrees and then it is extremely sensitive in the next 15 degrees of range going to full turn.

I was thinking of trying to upgrade to a DFGT. I want to know is this something this wheel expierences as well?
 
I have never experienced that with my Direct Force Pro and I have never read of someone experiencing the issue you describe with a DFGT.
 
DFGT has pretty much no dead zone what so ever. It's very responsive. On the other hand, I've heard nothing but bad about the gamestop branded wheel.
 
No issues with my DFGT at all. Id highly recommend it if your on a budget and want a great wheel for a great price.

Check (cheque) logitech please :lol:

AA
 
I don't have a dead zone on mine, so I'm guessing it's the same for every DFGT.

And if there is, it is very, very tight.
 
What's a "deadzone" exactly?

It's where you turn your wheel from it's normal position X amount, but it doesn't register in game, or there is no feedback.

I have seen this with my DFGT in GT5 more than GT5P, but it's not a problem.
 
No dead zone, just Evo or WRX slightly swinging at high speed on straight lines...
 
I picked up the logitec driving force GT just now at gamestop for $130 brand new. After borrowing same wheel, I just had to grab one. I can't see spending $400.
 
Zero deadzone on my DFGT. Having a deadzone would be extremely annoying, espcially for the NASCAR challenges where you literally need to move the wheel maybe 2-3mm or 1 'click'
 
hell i have the DF, no not DFGT, and i have no dead zone in it
 
The DFGT has a horrible FFB deadzone, but it does not have a steering input deadzone.
 
Yeah the FFB deadzone is a few degrees, no perceivable dead zone in the steering input though.
 
DFGT does have a small FFB deadzone in the centre. Also, the brake pedal is very sensitive. Wish there was some way to adjust it.

BTW, my DFGT rattles when cornering in lv17 kart race number 2. The rattling sounds as if the gears inside the DFGT are slipping. This doesn't happen in other races or other cars. Is this normal ?
 
DFGT does have a small FFB deadzone in the centre. Also, the brake pedal is very sensitive. Wish there was some way to adjust it.

BTW, my DFGT rattles when cornering in lv17 kart race number 2. The rattling sounds as if the gears inside the DFGT are slipping. This doesn't happen in other races or other cars. Is this normal ?

Must need a new clutch.


But pardon the ignorance but what is FFB?
 
Back