DFGT/G27 advice..

• Thread starter Dukey_40
  • 11 comments
England
Essex, UK
Hammer0091
Hi Chaps,

I'm close to joining iRacing and wondered if using a Logitech DFGT wheel rather than a G27 would hamper my ability to be eventually really competitive?

I understand that the whole driving experience would be better with the G27 but I haven't exactly got the sobs at the moment really to get one..though at a push I would lol..

I use the dated MS wheel currently with Forza 4 and use a button for clutch so not really bothered about the extra pedal to be honest..

Any replies and advice appreciated 👍

Thanks for reply..

I take it that the DFGT comes with an install disc for the PC? Any other software apart from that i need?

Thanks for reply..

I take it that the DFGT comes with an install disc for the PC? Any other software apart from that i need?

nope, but if it doesnt come with a disk, Im sure their are online at their website (not really sure who makes that particular wheel)

If it doesnt I'm sure I can get the relevant driver software from Logitech os..cheers anyway..

Last edited:
Yes, there will be a slight disadvantage if you use DFGT. There is no clutch so you have to map the clutch to your one of your buttons. However in saying that, a lot of people use DFGT to play, its just that you probably won't be a "champion" by using it but I am sure you can reach near top.

Thanks Swifty..

Yep I've mapped a button like in Forza for it thanks, god this is a different world to console sims lol, I love Forza particularly but this is amazing, bloody hard though lol.

Just practicing with the Mazda MX Cup car round Lime Rock Full, where's best place for car setups? Forums I guess yeah..

Also any other setups etc for the DFGT available part from standard iRacing one?

Not really any disadvantage, no. I'm sure you can find plenty of guys within a second of world record times using worse wheels.

I believe you can go just as fast with a dfgt as any other wheel. Ray Alfalla (sp?) won the iracing nascar world championship and finished in the top ten I believe in the road world championship and he uses a dfgt with clubsport pedals. I currently use a Fanatec CSR and have a dfgt as a back up. I've also owned a GT2 and logitech momo. The fanatec wheels have better & smoother force feedback and made of nicer quality materials, but I can go just as fast using the dfgt.

Cheers again guys for the responses..been practicing like hell with the Mazda..had first race last night and came 2nd...loved it...25 laps tho..did suffer a bit at the end lol..

Must admit ive well and truly caught the iRacing bug now..addictive stuff! Bring em on! ;-)

I believe you can go just as fast with a dfgt as any other wheel. Ray Alfalla (sp?) won the iracing nascar world championship and finished in the top ten I believe in the road world championship and he uses a dfgt with clubsport pedals. I currently use a Fanatec CSR and have a dfgt as a back up. I've also owned a GT2 and logitech momo. The fanatec wheels have better & smoother force feedback and made of nicer quality materials, but I can go just as fast using the dfgt.

wow! I did not know that about Alfalla!

yeah, I hear so many good things about the Fanatec CSP and the loadcell being so much better than the logitech and thrustmaster pedals. I need to get a set!
:)

Back