• Thread starter Slash
  • 26 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
I'm looking into a few simple mods that I would like to do to my DFGT. I plan on doing the pedal one with some bungee cords, unless I can take it apart and tighten the springs. A few others is painting the faceplate and changing the color of the GT logo's LED light inside the horn. If anyone has any guides on how to do these it would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Gotta get some pliers out for that later. Seems easy enough. What about painting the plastic and changing the bulb's color? For the buld I might be able to get away with just putting colored see through tape on the back of the button.

Changed the color to a red on the light. Can easily be done by prying off the horn cover, but watch the little springs don't fall inside. You can either:

1. Color the back with a sharpie of your choice
2. Stick a few peices of clear tape and color that with a marker of your choice.
3. Cut a piece of cellophane and tape it on.

Do note that the color is going to be significantly dim because the LED's inside are very weak.

Already been there. I might get the paddle shifters. Not sure though.

Now that I've colored the DFGT's GT logo, anyone know how to change the emblem alltogether? I kind of want a Ford one.

I simply painted the GT-logo with a red and blue marker... A job of less than 10 minutes to do:

d36ace32.jpg

No, I didn't, but it's possible ! I think the result would be the same...

When I remove the horncap, this is what it look likes:

569f3930.jpg

I tryed searching for this and found nothing.

I was wondering if anybody has mounted a DFGT by drilling holes through a table and using bolts like the G27.

I was wondering if anybody has mounted a DFGT by drilling holes through a table and using bolts like the G27.

You shouldn't need to. It has great mounts of it's own.

What kind of markers did you use? I'm assuming sharpie?

I was inspired by the Schulze Nissan GTR and purchased an OMP horn badge also self adhesive tape for the wheel centre stripe.👍

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    920 KB · Views: 317
I've always wanted to know what kind of tape is used for center stripes.

Any chance any of you could link me to an online retailer website for the article?

Regarding wheel centre stripes, I find your best bet is to use a car pin stripe detailing tape which can be purchased from car auto styling sites or you could try ebay go for a wide tape. Hope this helps 👍

Yes, me:) Its easy. Take of the holding clamps and use bolts through the holes, to mount your DFGT to a table. I drilled in addition one more hole in the front side of the wheel for more stability.
Unfortunately I don't own the wheel any more so I could do for you some pictures. Look here at the last photo in the post, maybe it will help you understand how to do it.:cheers:

Suzuki, your links don't work. I've so far seen two of your links messed up.

Anyways, here's the video you were trying to post.

This looks amazing but it definitely is a very complex mod. He plugs in an USB cable in the back of the DFGT case. He wrapped the wheel in leather and most probably changed the wheel motor, probably switched it with one from a G25/27.

Suzuki, your links don't work. I've so far seen two of your links messed up.

Anyways, here's the video you were trying to post.

This looks amazing but it definitely is a very complex mod. He plugs in an USB cable in the back of the DFGT case. He wrapped the wheel in leather and most probably changed the wheel motor, probably switched it with one from a G25/27.

oh what am i doin wrong

Inicialmente meus planos eram apenas de personalizar o GT central nas cores azul e vermelho, e no fim pensei :
- Porque não ?
Então comprei spray cromado e pintei centro do volante e esse foi o meu resultado !

Attachments

• P_20210317_123947_BOK[1].jpg
    P_20210317_123947_BOK[1].jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 87
Back