DFGT not working correctly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FuriousDemon
  • 15 comments
  • 2,832 views
Messages
2,505
United States
Michigan
Messages
FuriousDemon
Ok, I'm kind of new to the racing wheels. I've just got DFGT last night and it seems like there is something wrong with it. I've had Driving Force Wireless until now and I play with the cabin view and with that wheel my steering wheel in the car rotates exactly the way I rotate my wheel. Now with this DF GT I have to rotate the wheel almost 2-3 more times to get the expected rotation of the wheel in the car and it's very confusing. Is there really a problem with the DFGT? Or is it this 900 degree issue some people mentioned before? Please help as it's almost impossible to play the game now. I'm seriously thinking of switching back to DF Wireless. Thanks!
 
Ok, I'm kind of new to the racing wheels. I've just got DFGT last night and it seems like there is something wrong with it. I've had Driving Force Wireless until now and I play with the cabin view and with that wheel my steering wheel in the car rotates exactly the way I rotate my wheel. Now with this DF GT I have to rotate the wheel almost 2-3 more times to get the expected rotation of the wheel in the car and it's very confusing. Is there really a problem with the DFGT? Or is it this 900 degree issue some people mentioned before? Please help as it's almost impossible to play the game now. I'm seriously thinking of switching back to DF Wireless. Thanks!

My advice is to not use the steering on the screen as a gauge on how much you need to turn as the wheel animation doesn't replicate the full rotation of a 900 deg steering. What I did when I first got my 900deg wheel FFB wheel (Logitech G25) is to drive/race using bumper cam. I find the view provides the best information regarding your steering angle, the movement of the car and also your technique (how you're hitting the apex/clipping point on entry and exit, as well as how smooth you're steering/handling the car).

After you've adapted to the steering angle/physics in the game, using the cockpit view becomes a cinch. Depending on your preference, you might also want to try a narrower Field Of View (FOV)- decreasing the view inside the cockpit while increasing the outside view. It makes the steering wheel less visible if by then you're still bothered by the difference (of yours and what's on the screen).
 
Thanks for the tips. Took me an hour or two of practice, but I think I am now almost as comfortable with this wheel as with DFW. I've been up till 4-5 am every night this week playing. Cant get enough :) Hope the new patches will come soon enough, so it gets even better.
 
Thanks for the tips. Took me an hour or two of practice, but I think I am now almost as comfortable with this wheel as with DFW. I've been up till 4-5 am every night this week playing. Cant get enough :) Hope the new patches will come soon enough, so it gets even better.

using reverse is a pain in the butt on the dfgt :crazy:
 
using reverse is a pain in the butt on the dfgt :crazy:

Really? I don't have a problem with it... Just press triangle right?
 
Really? I don't have a problem with it... Just press triangle right?

And keep it pressed while trying to steer 360° while an AI driver punts you and the wheel wants to rip out from your hands.

:nervous:
 
And keep it pressed while trying to steer 360° while an AI driver punts you and the wheel wants to rip out from your hands.

:nervous:

Just give the AI a moment to pass along, they don't go for you if you don't move... except accidently on a street circuit
 
Just give the AI a moment to pass along, they don't go for you if you don't move... except accidently on a street circuit

Just when I think it's safe *BAM*. It almost never fails.

:lol:
 
Is it also correct that not only the graphics of the steering wheel, but also the wheels are not really following the 900 degree DFGT rotation?
Because of this, I am wondering whether the car can really follow the +-450 degree, or it doesn't steer more than it graphically represented...
(I don't have here a PS3, so I cannot try it now)
 
anyone having issues getting the red dial button to work in GT5?

I have a new DFGT that works perfectly
except that the red dial doesn't do anything in menus and doesnt
seem to make any changes within races (although im only level 8 and dont have many spare parts to tune with).

The round button inside the dial also doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people.
 
I'm having a troubling issue...

I finally got my GT5 today, and then in the middle of a time trial, my force feedback went out....so I checked the chord and it look like it was slightly unplugged but not sure.

So I plugged it back in, and then after restarting the system and everything, it won't calibrate. I noticed that the "GT" logo in the middle of the steering wheel will dimly flash for a second, like it wants to calibrate, but then it won't do it. Everything else still works though...the buttons in the menus, the pedals, etc...just not the force feedback.

Is this an issue with the AC adaptor? I tried messing around with the plugs to make sure it was connecting ok, but to no avail yet. Suggestions or anyone know what the issue might be?? Thanks!
 
Only probs i've had with my DFGT is the fact that anything other than a small slide i have trouble controlling, because you have to turn the wheel so much to countersteer it - then i can't remember how far to turn it back to center so almost always turn back too much, then spin out. :(

Me needs way more practice maybe.
 
anyone having issues getting the red dial button to work in GT5?

I have a new DFGT that works perfectly
except that the red dial doesn't do anything in menus and doesnt
seem to make any changes within races (although im only level 8 and dont have many spare parts to tune with).

The round button inside the dial also doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people.

You can't use the dial for menu navigation like GT5P, however it works perfectly in race.

Just press the arrow button in the middle of the dial to bring up the menu, use the opposing up/down buttons to go through the functions (such as TC), then use the red dial to adjust.

It's really easy once you get the hang of it.
 
anyone having issues getting the red dial button to work in GT5?

I have a new DFGT that works perfectly
except that the red dial doesn't do anything in menus and doesnt
seem to make any changes within races (although im only level 8 and dont have many spare parts to tune with).

The round button inside the dial also doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people.

you need to press the +/- buttons 1st to bring up your options(traction control, brake bias etc) once you have something up on screen (just above your speedo) then you use the red dial to adjust the setting you picked with your +/- button once you have it set to where you want to press the button in the middle of the red dial which makes the options dissapear... hope that helps, my DFGT works perfectly maby you have a faulty unit? hope not
 
Mig
you need to press the +/- buttons 1st to bring up your options(traction control, brake bias etc) once you have something up on screen (just above your speedo) then you use the red dial to adjust the setting you picked with your +/- button once you have it set to where you want to press the button in the middle of the red dial which makes the options dissapear... hope that helps, my DFGT works perfectly maby you have a faulty unit? hope not

You have to push the black button in the center of the red ring first.
Also you want to make sure you activated the DFGT in the control settings.

As for the reverse button, isnt their anyway to select reverse tru the shifter?
like 3rd gear, 2nd, 1st, neutral, reverse?
 
Back