DFGT pedal problem

• Thread starter VVTi
  • 11 comments
Oman
Oman
Hello everybody
The problem with my DFGT is that my throttle pedal is acting like a combined pedal , as shown in the picture below

https://b.top4top.net/p_539uekev1.gif

as you can see in the picture , when i press the throttle pedal , the brake is gradually released without even touching the brake pedal , so i assume that my throttle pedal is acting as a combined pedal
NOTES:
- when i press the brake pedal the brake gauge in the profiler stays at rest , which means that the pc is not detecting the brake pedal as i think
- tried using the wheel with another pc but nothing changed
- tried cleaning the potentiometers and springs but nothing changed

Attachments

• ScreenCapture_23-06-2017-01.34.43-م.gif
    ScreenCapture_23-06-2017-01.34.43-م.gif
    257.7 KB · Views: 9
My 9 years old and still working DFGT had some problems with the wiring that goes from the pedal to the base, the connector on the base, i had to open it(asked a friend of mine to do, actually) because the wheel was acting strangely with the pedal inputs, can't remember how, since it was 4 years ago or more, some of the wires were peeled.

I had to cut the wires and weld it all together, there's some kind of silicon/plastic protection on the base of the plug, so you have to cut it in order to get access to the wires. Didn't had any problem since i made it.

My 9 years old and still working DFGT had some problems with the wiring that goes from the pedal to the base, the connector on the base, i had to open it(asked a friend of mine to do, actually) because the wheel was acting strangely with the pedal inputs, can't remember how, since it was 4 years ago or more, some of the wires were peeled.

I had to cut the wires and weld it all together, there's some kind of silicon/plastic protection on the base of the plug, so you have to cut it in order to get access to the wires. Didn't had any problem since i made it.

Are you talking about the wire that goes from the pedal set
to steering wheel ?

Are you talking about the wire that goes from the pedal set
to steering wheel ?
Yes, that one.

I can't remember exactly what it was but, i recall that was something like the problem you're having. I pushed one pedal and the other one got activated too on the game.

Yes, that one.

I can't remember exactly what it was but, i recall that was something like the problem you're having. I pushed one pedal and the other one got activated too on the game.

So what i understood from your first comment that i should cut some of this i wire and weld it again

Note : this is the wire that connects the pedal set to the wheel itself

Attachments

• 1498327542645179352611.jpg
    1498327542645179352611.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 11
Yes, it was in this exact part were my problem was.

But you better make sure that this malfunction can't be solved in another way, or try to make sure that this is were your problem came from, before disabling everything.

Do you leave the wheel and pedals connected all the time, or do you disconnect the cable from the wheel to pack it away?

If you do indeed disconnect and reconnect every time you use it, it may well be a damaged sheath at the connector and be shorting creating a combined pedal effect.

If the pedals stay connected all the time, then the cable is not likely to be the problem.

I hope this helps to narrow the problem done.

Back