DFGT Pedal Replacement Part/Modification

• Thread starter Nish
  • 4 comments
Canada
Windsor, Ont
GTP_NishRacer
One of the coils in my DFGT pedal assembly has split in an odd way so I'm now looking to buy new coil springs of the same strength, slightly more resistance or a alternative mod if there is one.

1411215636887.jpg

Buying a new wheel at this point is not going to happen, I'm holding out until the last moment to see what I should get for GT7 and Project Cars.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Anyone know where to get a spring of this shape at all? I'm sure I've seen where people have bought stiffer ones before in these forums but didn't find anything with a search here or on google.

I did a general search and didn't find anything, McMaster usually has stuff like this but this spring has some unique shaped dog legs "ends of the springs with the little hooks on it"

Even doing a general search for Torsion springs under google images I couldn't see any with the same style dog legs.

If your willing to start doing your own bending of the dog legs you should be able to find something to work.

Mcmaster has a variety of spring's. So figure out the diam of the wire and diam of the coil and get bending/cutting.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#torsion-springs/=tv5c68

Problem with Mcmaster tho is they dont take New International customer's, So unless you have an old account there or have a business acct, you'll have to have a buddy from the US to order and then Ship it up to you, But looking now you live in Windsor so pending how close to the boarder you are, you might just be able to ship it there and pick it up.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help Nick. I had never heard of that company before.

I'm getting a replacement piece from a GT friends old unused DFGT today so all should be well now.

I still didn't have any luck finding anything online so hopefully nothing like this ever happens again.

Latest Posts

Back