DFGT pedals with G29 wheel

• Thread starter quik1500
  • 4 comments
Quik1500
I purchased a G29 over the weekend to replace my old DFGT. The wheel will be easy enough to swap out in my cockpit, but the g29 pedals will not fit, and I won't have time to modify it for about 2 weeks. Will the dfgt pedals work with the g29 wheel?

I purchased a G29 over the weekend to replace my old DFGT. The wheel will be easy enough to swap out in my cockpit, but the g29 pedals will not fit, and I won't have time to modify it for about 2 weeks. Will the dfgt pedals work with the g29 wheel?
I tried this now with Driveclub. Even though the DFGT pedals have 2 less pins, it still plugs into the G29 base.
Unfortunately it does not work. No response from the pedals.

You can more than likely unplug the G29 pedal cable from the pedal potentiometers and swap out the DFGT pedal cable, you might need to make it permanent though because (although I might be wrong) I don't think the DFGT's pots use crimp connectors like I assume the G29's do.

I'm sure an adapter could be made. G25/G27/G29 are all the same pinout as each other. DFP/DFGT are the same as each other. Both pinouts are easily found. There's a couple of youtube videos for using the G pedals on a DF wheel. What's harder to find is someone who's detailed using DF pedals on a G wheel!

BUT... I'd caution against randomly trying wire swaps etc. if you don't know what you're doing, because I don't think the +5V and ground would like to be shorted together! Which could easily happen when trying it 'blind'.

(Post written with a mind to anyone finding this thread in the future, looking to do the same thing. In your case, best option is chill for a couple of weeks and then mod your rig :) )

Latest Posts

Back