DFGT & Photomode?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AngloAmerican
  • 5 comments
  • 1,247 views
Messages
453
United States
Douglasville, GA
Messages
angloamerican73
Hey Guys

Just wondering if there is a way that i can control the photomode from off of the DFGT wheel?.

It has a lot of buttons on it, yet while in photomode it says pan the camera with the left and right stick :dunce:

Am i really that stupid, or isnt photomode made to be controlled by the wheel (a controller) in use.?

Im not sure if i can use both the wheel and the DS3 at the same time, so can anyone expand on that for me.

Edit: Oh btw while im here does anyone know if we are supposed to defrag the HD inside the PS3?. Defragging a HD does help improve performance afterall.

Thanks :)

AA
 
I'm using a G25 and have been wondering the same thing. Turning on my DS3 to try to use the analogue sticks doesn't work, as the game doesn't register the pad at all when the wheel is plugged in.
I'm guessing the only option if we want to move the camera around freely, is to unplug the wheel before starting the game, and then make it a photo session only?

Regarding your question about hard disk defragmentation - I think I remember reading somewhere a while ago that the internal PS3 disk uses a proprietary file system based on or similar to the Linux file system Ext3, which means it doesn't get fragmented to any relevant degree, because it stores data blocks in a more efficient manner than eg. the Windows file systems NTFS and FAT32.
 
Is your DS3 in the "Controller 1" slot or the "Controller 2" slot? I think it actually makes a difference. You should always have the DS3 set as controller 1 in GT5, and then it will be completely functional (along with the wheel), apart from using the analog sticks during races.

I was in a race earlier; I raced with my wheel (A Fanatec) and then was able to take pictures with my Dualshock. So I think it's a matter of setting your DS's controller number to 1.
 
Thanks, I'll take a look the next time I start up the game. With a G25, a Blu-ray remote, two Move controllers and a Nav controller, who knows what controller slot my DS3 may have been assigned to these days :).
 
If you have anything plugged into a USB port and power the PS3 on with the DS3, it'll come on as controller 2. Just make sure the DS3 is set to controller 1 and you can use both it and the wheel. Makes photomode and navigating menus a breeze to not have to use the wheel's controls
 
Is your DS3 in the "Controller 1" slot or the "Controller 2" slot? I think it actually makes a difference. You should always have the DS3 set as controller 1 in GT5, and then it will be completely functional (along with the wheel), apart from using the analog sticks during races.

I was in a race earlier; I raced with my wheel (A Fanatec) and then was able to take pictures with my Dualshock. So I think it's a matter of setting your DS's controller number to 1.

Thanks for that 👍

I will check into it and change if required.

Its been driving me nuts.......parden the pun :lol:

AA
 
Back