DFGT + Vettel Challenge = Mental rumble action

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarThLuKe
  • 27 comments
  • 3,680 views
Messages
4
Messages
DarTh_LuKe
Been playing GT5 with my DFGT now since release date and havent had any complaints what so ever, however i unlocked the vettel challenge last week, so thought i'd have a crack at it this weekend.

When I started the Nurburgring GP/F event i got out of the pits and the rumble feature went mad, and was sounding like a jackhammer vibrating against the desk. I tried to do a half a lap but it was happening all the time and worse if i touched a kerb.

so I stopped and started it all again and it did the same thing, I checked using my Minolta on Nurburgring in practice and it is working fine for other events.

Is it possible that I have a setting enabled that is causing this only in the X2010? or can i disable the rumble entirely for just this event?

Many Thanks
Luke
 
same thing to me. this only happen to X2010. the car is too powerful. you can see the car is shaking in the high speed when replay. close(off, mid, strong) off the active steering in the driving option to reduce the vibration.
 
Been playing GT5 with my DFGT now since release date and havent had any complaints what so ever, however i unlocked the vettel challenge last week, so thought i'd have a crack at it this weekend.

When I started the Nurburgring GP/F event i got out of the pits and the rumble feature went mad, and was sounding like a jackhammer vibrating against the desk. I tried to do a half a lap but it was happening all the time and worse if i touched a kerb.

so I stopped and started it all again and it did the same thing, I checked using my Minolta on Nurburgring in practice and it is working fine for other events.

Is it possible that I have a setting enabled that is causing this only in the X2010? or can i disable the rumble entirely for just this event?

Many Thanks
Luke

Nothing wrong with your wheel, its just the car.
 
I can get round the ring in 4mins with this thing but I know I could do it so much faster if I could dampen the FFB in the X1.
With the g25 the more FFB you run the more the horrible dead zone is apparent and it puts me right off.
Also on quick changes of direction my wheel feels like it may snap off in my hand lol.

My g25 is past its best and the FFB goes weak when the motors get to hot, now in a normal lets say 700 to 800bhp tail happy car my wheel can last up to 5 to 6 laps of the ring but in the X1 I dont even get 1 lap and my motors are cooked.
 
I have a G27, and when using the X1 i just unplug the power cord, leaving only the usb cable connected. No FFB at all , feels weird at the beginning :lol: ! But once you get used to it, you realize that you can turn the wheel much faster and you don't ruin the motor.
 
Just tried the vettel challenge last night. It's a joke in general.

The physics are out of this world and you can barely cope with the speeds. Did not even come close to bronze and I quit after 20 minutes. Will probably try it again when all other events are golded - but the whole X1 thing seems really fake IMHO.
 
I wonder if the DFGT will work without the power cable for this event too. worth a try tonight me thinks.

Luke
 
Disconnecting the power cord of the dfgt won't work, because it will not steer. i found this out when i got my wheel i didn't plug in the powercord hard enough in the wheel:dunce:
 
Turn off active steering.
 
I have a DFGT but I don't have this problem when driving the X2010, it seems strange to me, can you tell us your wheel settings? Are you using active steering?
 
Disconnecting the power cord of the dfgt won't work, because it will not steer. i found this out when i got my wheel i didn't plug in the powercord hard enough in the wheel:dunce:

I don't know how the DFGT works, but for G25/27 you have to start the game with power cable connected or it won't steer. I unplug it when i start the race.
 
i think its the active steering thats doing i then, had it turned on from one of my annoying races to make it easier, just waiting for bob and his mates... (Bob, Bob & Bob) to finish daytona before i can test.
 
Same on the Fanatec GT3RS v2, fortunately I can set the FFB strength on the wheel. Changed it from 100 to 10 or 20 and it was ok.
 
Just tried the vettel challenge last night. It's a joke in general.

The physics are out of this world and you can barely cope with the speeds. Did not even come close to bronze and I quit after 20 minutes. Will probably try it again when all other events are golded - but the whole X1 thing seems really fake IMHO.

I agree. Unlocked it last night, and my MOMO wheel is going nuts. I swear it's going to shake itself apart. I gave up as well; the closest I came to bronze was a 2:17:5. I don't how people are doing this challenge. Maybe they all have giant wheels, so the steering is more precise. I was driving like mad, and I'm supposed to shave another 10 seconds off for gold? And I thought some of the licenses were ridiculous.

I wish the PS3 had a turbo button we could turn off, like the old computers, so we could run the course in slow motion :D lol
 
you can turn the force feedback down in options for the DFGT. just put it on 1 or something, might not feel "real".. but come on, the car isnt even real.
 
Have you tried to turn the FFB down? I have it on 10 by default but always have to turn it down to 3 when driving the X1. Driving the X1 on the Ring with FFB at 10 is just unpleasant.
 
The correct answer was the Active Steering. That has to be off. Once it was controllable, I then turned off ASM, and turned ABS and TC down to 1. I managed to shave 2 seconds off my time, but am still a second of the bronze pace. Maybe ABS and TC have to be off for me to have any chance, but I'm too frustrated to try again for a while. And before anyone says it, Skid Control is ON, because I need all the advantage I can get.
 
Even with Active Steering off, my wheel keeps going left and right when accelerating with the X2010. My settings are ABS 1 and SRF On. I don't see any replays or any other postings about wheel going uncontrollably (can't drive straight smoothly). I have the DFGT.
 
I have a DFGT and I can control the X2010 just fine.
 
I have the DFGT as well. I just unplug it when I drive the X2010, Just make sure the game is booted up before doing so.
 
I have the DFGT and managed to get all bronze...barely. I was 15-20 seconds off the target time with all the aids on and was getting really frustrated. Once I ran with only ABS on 1 I was able to hit the time for bronze after a bit of practice. The car has so much grip it really is hard to find the limit with it.

As for the feedback, I found it to be just fine, just needed a firm grip on the wheel. I imagine going well over 200 mph and pulling more g's than fighter plane would be a little crazy in real life too.
 
The first time I driven with the X1 using the DFGT, I know it ended being me inside a wall but ever since I just held my wheel with a firm grip. I have my FF at 10 and I expected that this car would need an F1 grip for the DFGT.

I managed to have a 2.17.xxx time on the Nurburgring track in the challenge, its not good enough and thats with all aids off except for ABS at 1. I'll try soon with aids on and lowering the FF and hoping I'll scrape off a bronze for all three tracks.
 
So it's normal for my wheel to be doing that for that car?
 
i have a DFGT and i just turned down the forcefeed back down to the maximum of 1 or 2 which solved the problem.
 
None of the suggestions worked other than unplugging the power for the wheel, now there's no force feedback.
 
Yeah, turn down Force Feedback...
I've unlocked this challenge yesterday, finished it today with a Bronze, Silver, Bronze.
Never noticed how bumpy Nurburgring is. Took me the longest because the camera was shaking mad!
Suzuka is so smooth though... mmmm....
 
Turning down Force Feedback to 1 doesn't make a difference, nor changing to Simulation or Professional from Amateur.
 
Back