DFGT vs other wheels?

• Thread starter StAUG
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Hey guys, taking a break after hitting a wall (improvement wise) at 2:16:7xx on the final round. Just wondering from anyone that's used multiple types of wheel, does the DFGT stack up against the others? I've only started using it in the last month or so and wondering if there's any difference. Thanks!

Same here, after years of DS3 racing I finally picked up a second-hand DFGT last month and have to say it's the best thing I've bought in a while. I got my time down to 2:17.5xx and have watched Tidgney's video on my lunchbreak today so I know exactly when I'm losing the time. Can't wait to get home!

Anyway, back on topic, I researched various wheels and it appears that the G27 is the must-have wheel at the moment, but due to cost it wasn't really an option for me. The DFGT is the perfect wheel for rookies like me and hardcore gamers, in my opinion. It's a tad loud, but I just stick in some headphones to compensate.

Personaly an owner of all three DFGT, G25 and G27 I would pick the G25 it's well built heavier in your hands than the 27 you can feel the ffb clicking with your fingers, three options to choose from as far as the gear shifting is concerned, flappy paddles, plus and minus system and H pattern. The paddles are stronger than you think with the addition of a clutch rather than no clutch with the DFGT the only penalty that I can think of is the potentiometer inside the paddles that judges your input, you should keep these as clean as possible another is that the G25 brake pad is a bit far from the throttle which makes healing and toeing a bit hard.
My combination is G25 steering with G25 shifter and a G27 paddles since you can adjust the brake pads position closer to the throttle. Hope this helps

There are definitely big differences between various wheels and pedals, with the DFGT on the low end of the scale. That said, there are many fast guys and even some aliens that use a DFGT just fine. You can also upgrade the DFGT with mods like the foam ball trick. Personally, I've owned the DFGT, G25, and G27. Now I'm a Fanatec fan. You should look here on GTPlanet in the 'Sim Racing Hardware' forum, there's many good threads there that discuss all this and much more. 👍

Back