Dfgt vs real car pedals epic fail..

  • Thread starter Thread starter leexr2i
  • 8 comments
  • 1,681 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
571
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Messages
leexr2i
I just had a retarded moment driving home from work.. I was in a bit of a daze thinking bout gt5 when i came up to a red light.. And what do i do?? Press the clutch pedal down to try and stop!! Because of all the left foot braking i do with my dfgt pedals! Any 1 else made any dum mistakes like this?
 
I found myself trying to change gears in my wife's Subaru Forrester (auto) the other day by clicking the buttons on the back of the wheel.....
 
One time when i first got the dfgt when I was racing i looked up above the tv for the mirror lol must have been having super sim overload :p
 
Im using g27, while my car is using manual 5 speed. While I'm on gear 5 I tried shifting to 6.
 
Im using g27, while my car is using manual 5 speed. While I'm on gear 5 I tried shifting to 6.

Gosh I hope your reverse gear isn't under fifth like my mustang.

To the OP: this is why I don't left foot break thats scary man.
 
Gosh I hope your reverse gear isn't under fifth like my mustang.

To the OP: this is why I don't left foot break thats scary man.

The two cars I normally use are an Audi A4-B5 5-speed and a Skoda Octavia TD 6-speed.

When I've justed switched from the Skoda the lack of 6th gear in the Audi becomes annoying - especially for people behind me :)
 
My truck and the wife's car are both automatics, so while driving in real life I normally just use the right foot, but one day I was on my way to a buddy's garage and while coming up to an exit onto his road I went to brake with my left foot and it wasn't on a pedal because in real life it's never on a pedal. It's only on the brake pedal for my PS3 and 360.
 
I'm lucky, I drive my real car exactly how I use my DFGT.

Left foot brake all the time and change gear with paddles behind the wheel.

I could imagine it causing a few problems otherwise!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back