DFGT Wheel Stand?

Velocity-Wolf
Acidhex
So I ordered the Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel tonight. I need a stand of some sort to use it on. Anyone have any suggestions?

No, I'm not buying a $500 playseat.

If anyone's built their own, I'd be interested in pictures, if one is so willing to post them.

Oh yeah... I've tried looking for the Wheel Stand Pro (is this even a real product?) that I've seen reviewed by some aussie fool but cannot find... my google-fu may be failing me this late at night.

Anyway, <3 to anyone with good suggestions. :D

I got a WSP for my DFGT and love it. There is little/no sideways play in the wheel which is what i wanted but a slight bit back and forth but that doesnt matter too much...

Quick and easy to use though.

A cheap rig? "Cheap" is my middle name! I made a table out of a $10 piece of MDF. I measured it so that it just barely clears my knees when I'm sitting in my chair. I put together a pedal stand too, but I dont use it anymore. The chair I got for free off craigslist. I did spend a bit of money for the car seat cover, though. The rig works perfectly, I've never looked to replace with anything better!

wheelrig.jpg

A cheap rig? "Cheap" is my middle name! I made a table out of a $10 piece of MDF. I measured it so that it just barely clears my knees when I'm sitting in my chair. I put together a pedal stand too, but I dont use it anymore. The chair I got for free off craigslist. I did spend a bit of money for the car seat cover, though. The rig works perfectly, I've never looked to replace with anything better!

wheelrig.jpg

Hahaha! That part made me laugh. Isn't 'frugal' a better word? ;)

Purchase a "Dave" from IKEA. Laptop stand that works pretty well. I had to screw on the top backwards though to get it to work with my seat. It is fairly wobbly if you are swinging the wheel around (especially with drifting) so I plan on purchasing a nice flat board around 42" by 20" to screw it on to. That should keep everything sturdy. :)

Nice. I will probably end up with something similar.

Do you just use the pedals on the carpet now? They don't slide around?

the dfp pedals have a spiky strip on the bottom so they dont slide. didnt even know about it until i flipped it over to do the bungie mod. the pedals are at a good angle too so i dont need the extra tilt that the pedal stand provides.

For christmas, I got a mobile desk, it has a nice wooden top, one panel for a laptop, the other is for your mouse- I'll have to post a pic tonight - from crate and barrel but if you can find something similar they are usually very lightweight, stable, and not too terribly expensive.

Back