Dfgt

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnar726
  • 14 comments
  • 1,677 views
Messages
195
England
Kent
Messages
ralphy0502
Messages
Jar Jar Binks l
Hi all,

I have recently purchased the DFGT wheel, when the car slides the wheel basically tries to autocorrect the slide, it's exactly like I have some kind of stability management on but I have no driving aids on! Is this normal for the wheel or is there a way to stop this very annoying thing? It's pretty much impossible to control the car when it slides with this "stability management" thing as the wheel just goes side to side until its corrected or I crash
 
Go to Options, Steering Options, Turn off power steering and set the wheel to Simulation.
 
I did that when I first got the wheel, still get the same thing :-(
 
Hi all,

I have recently purchased the DFGT wheel, when the car slides the wheel basically tries to autocorrect the slide, it's exactly like I have some kind of stability management on but I have no driving aids on! Is this normal for the wheel or is there a way to stop this very annoying thing? It's pretty much impossible to control the car when it slides with this "stability management" thing as the wheel just goes side to side until its corrected or I crash

Make sure ASM and SRF are off and try again. If it's still happening it's not autocorrecting, that's just the force feedback. Keep driving with it and in time you'll figure out intuitively what the wheel is telling you to do without thinking about it and it'll all come together. Make sure power steering is off and force feedback is in the 4-6 range to start with.
 
Ah okay, maybe it's just the force feedback then, it really feels like autocorrect judging by the way it behaves, I'll see how it goes! Thanks anyway guys!
 
Actually I'm sure this isnt the feedback, there is something keeping me on track, if I reverse then the car will get itself in a straight line, it will turn left and right as it needs, same with going forward if I crash or something, this defiantly isn't normal
 
Force Feedback wont auto-correct your driving.

I have no idea what would be causing this if you have all the aids off, as far as I know there's no aid in GT5 that essentially steers for you.

SRF will sort of push you back inline but that's about it. Maybe double check that you have all the aids off. (Not meaning to insult your intelligence or anything of the like, it's just always worth double checking :lol:)
 
That is force feedback. The wheel will react and move on it's own as the game tells it what forces are acting on it. If you don't want the wheel to move in a direction, hold on to it.
 
That is force feedback. The wheel will react and move on it's own as the game tells it what forces are acting on it. If you don't want the wheel to move in a direction, hold on to it.

Oh, perhaps I misread something.

I didn't see him say he was letting go of the wheel.. the way he described it didn't seem like how the wheel acts when you let go of it. At least that's how I read it.
 
Johnar726
Hi all,

I have recently purchased the DFGT wheel, when the car slides the wheel basically tries to autocorrect the slide, it's exactly like I have some kind of stability management on but I have no driving aids on! Is this normal for the wheel or is there a way to stop this very annoying thing? It's pretty much impossible to control the car when it slides with this "stability management" thing as the wheel just goes side to side until its corrected or I crash

Nothing is wrong with your wheel. Its your FFB making the wheel correct you from sliding. This is very helpful when drifting if you've driven a real car the counter steering is the same.
 
Okay thanks people, ill just have to get used to it :-)
 
Johnar726
Okay thanks people, ill just have to get used to it :-)

Good luck, if your planning to drift with wheel its going to be frustrating its a harsh learning curve. You'd need some help with car tuning if yu dont already know
 
Okay thanks people, ill just have to get used to it :-)

If you want to get use to handle a car in a slide, try driving on dirt.. It's a lot more forgiving!
 
If you want to get use to handle a car in a slide, try driving on dirt.. It's a lot more forgiving!

True!, it's more easier but in my opinion it really does threaten the life of your FFB motors, on my G27 my wheel would just keep on shaking non stop and hear this loud knocking noise. Asphalt for the win! +.+
 
Yea i can't tune to save my life lol.


I can drive nice when the FFB don't kick in, not been playing GT long and got a top 100 in the new time trials after one day of owning a wheel lol, i do know that the DFGT is some 2 or 3 seconds faster than ds3!!

anyway back to the point, maybe i should learn to drift on dirt first to get used to this ffb then move to road? once i can control the slides all will be good. i can control them better on a ds3 than i can the wheel, that shouldnt happen!
 
Back