dfp calibration issues online

• Thread starter dub_c_
  • 7 comments
United States
Seattle
dubc35
I searched and browsed through 5 or so pages and didn't see anything on this. Sorry if this has been covered and I missed it. :)

I've been playing race event 1, Eiger North Reversed and noticed the driving force pro becomes horribly uncalibrated during most races. It only seems to happen after the second set of esses (circled in black below). I'm not sure if it has anything to to do with how fast the wheel is being turned, only on this track or what. Increasing the force feedback seems to help a bit but it doesn't come close to solving the problem. Is anyone else struggling with this?

After the turn circled in black, this has been "straight" or zero lock as far as the dfp is concerned. It will occasionally 'fix' itself in the turn section circled in red so out of nowhere you end up turning way too much.

edit, forgot to add settings:
car: Acura Integra
active steering: off
steering type: professional
power assist: off
force feedback strength: 2-7 (as said above increasing helps, but does not solve the problem)

Eiger.jpg
gt4002.jpg

That's a bit of a strange one.

I don't suppose you know anybody with another DFP that you can back-to-back test to establish whether it's a GT5P game bug or hardware fault with the steering wheel?

Thought you were going to mention something else here. I have two DFPs and both steer a little to the right. Nothing major but its annoying.

I've had similar things happen whilst using my DFP with Live For Speed.

It seemed to go a bit off center after either sudden or sharp turns (lots of lock). Maybe try turning it from 900 to 180 and back again, or maybe unplug it etc so that it goes from lock to lock.

This does appear to have stopped happening now though, so whether it could be a game thing, or just a phase the wheel is going through?!

Unfortunately, I think if it was the game you'd probably get more replies than there have been so far... :(

My DFP does the same thing. Also my brake pedal get stuck at 5% pressure. I have tried other DFPs on my ps3 and it all does the same thing? It's just a bug I learn to deal with.

Latest Posts

Back