DFP - Had it a few months, annoyed already.

• Thread starter Nicecar
  • 1 comments
GranTurismoStig
Ok, i got myself a brang new logitech dfp - my first good wheel, and i was absolutely over the moon.

But now there seems to be a problem

Theres a little play in the wheel, as if the motor arent attached properly, as in when i move it from side to side, it "clicks" or "taps" against what sounds like plastic.

And when going over 200, rather than weaving like the wheel normally does, it weaves less and make the horrible tapping noise.

Any ideas what i can do to stop it? I really dont have the money to pay for a G25.

when did you buy it? sound like there's something wrong with it! Iv had my DFP since 2006 and had no problems with it at all, non of the sounds you mention, etc.

If its under a year old then take it back and demand a replacement. Even if its over a year old you have the right to a replacment or a repair! BUT if its over 6 months old is up to YOU to proove its faulty (by getting an independent technition, etc to check it and give you a report), if its less than 6 months old then its up to the shop to proove that its not faulty!

Have a read here! Will help you a lot!

For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).

Quote taken from Sales of Goods Act Quick Facts link I provided above.

Back