DFP problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Logan826
  • 15 comments
  • 1,138 views
Messages
3
I've been using the DFP for about 2 days now. I love the feel of it, it suits my needs better because on my PC driving games I use a wheel. One problem I'm having though is on straight ways my cars starts rocking back and forth to the point I can't control it. It doesn't do this on the pc games and this doesn't happen with the ps2 controller. Is this my driving or is there a setting I'm missing ? or is this that my car doesn't have the proper suspension yet ?
Thanks
Logan826
 
could be your driving or the road. you could try messing with the settings, but it'll probably just rock back and forth with less force, goto home and then settings and the steering wheels....or something like that, and toy with some of the settings. i did, but immediately changed it back, i like the wheel to be fighting with me 👍 .
 
I played a setup at Best Buy the other day. It had the wheel and a big screen TV etc. It drove fine on the short tracks, but when I hit a straight on the Ring, it did exactly what you are describing. I was holding the wheel straight, but when the car got up to triple digit speeds it rocked back and forth until it actually spun me out! Spinning out on a straight?? That's silly. There has got to be a a way to tune this out. I've driven to 170mph in a real car, and the wheel does NOT feel like that.
 
It's because PD modeled certain tracks in the game (i.e. long straights) as having small bumps in the road which are generally only picked up at above 200mph. This is quite realistic as even a frehsly paved road (either freeway or closed course racetrack) will start to have bumps in it the second a car drives over it. The only smooth sailing at 200mph might occur for the first car to drive on the freshly paved road. On a freeway in a car with higher profile tires, you won't notice this even at 170mph. But take the same car and fit it with lower profile tires which provide a better "feel" of the road (esp during drifting) but a cost of comfort and stability on bumpy roads, and it will feel more nervous at high speed.
 
Lethalchem
I played a setup at Best Buy the other day. It had the wheel and a big screen TV etc. It drove fine on the short tracks, but when I hit a straight on the Ring, it did exactly what you are describing. I was holding the wheel straight, but when the car got up to triple digit speeds it rocked back and forth until it actually spun me out! Spinning out on a straight?? That's silly. There has got to be a a way to tune this out. I've to 170mph in a real car, and the wheel does NOT feel like that.


What cars are involved here?

Have a look at the following post as it may well help answer this one

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1399210&postcount=6
 
i noticed this with a lot of my high speed cars as well, also causing me to spin out if i don't let up off the gas.

not sure if it's related, but i can barely brake stabily with these same cars too. any brake pressure above like 50% makes me start to go side to side, and then i spin out.
 
If this is normal, and INTENTIONAL, then there is a huge discrepency between how it is portrayed between the wheel and the pad. Perhaps I simply havn't practiced with the wheel enough, but I don't have a problem with the DS2 at all. If it's meant to be this unstable, then it should be for both types of controllers. Since it's not, I have a hard time believing this is how they wanted it to be.
 
Lethalchem
If this is normal, and INTENTIONAL, then there is a huge discrepency between how it is portrayed between the wheel and the pad. Perhaps I simply havn't practiced with the wheel enough, but I don't have a problem with the DS2 at all. If it's meant to be this unstable, then it should be for both types of controllers. Since it's not, I have a hard time believing this is how they wanted it to be.

I have always found that the controls for the pad are very dumbed down in comparison to both the DF and DFP wheels.

This is the case for GT4P, BMW 1 series demo and GT4. I've alway taken it as a deliberate move, with the pad being 'easier' for the casual gamer and the more intense feel for the wheels and the more hardened GT player.

Playing with the wheel settings in GT4 does lessen the effect slightly, but I do feel that some people make the problem worse by fighting with the wheel rather than adopting a slightly more relaxed grip.

This I have personally found stops you over-correcting, and I have to say I like the effect.
 
This has to do with the driving aids in the options for the wheel. Turn the wheel to Simulation, with Power assist... everything else turn off. The wheel will act alright then. I had the same problem until I wanted a more realistic feel and messed with the options to find it out.
 
Twenty_Se7en
This has to do with the driving aids in the options for the wheel. Turn the wheel to Simulation, with Power assist... everything else turn off. The wheel will act alright then. I had the same problem until I wanted a more realistic feel and messed with the options to find it out.

I hope that's all it takes to fix the issue, otherwise I don't see me purchasing the wheel. I certainly don't want to pay the price of another PS2 only to have me run worse times with the wheel. :lol:
 
The rocking is one of the reasons I took my wheel back and will use my DS2 till the day it dies. Again.

I was stuck on the R34 drafting mission (23) and tried it as soon as I brought home my DFP and while on the super smooth test track, in a STRAIGHT line, the wheel would bounce back and forth out of the little dead zone at the center. Meaning I could wiggle the wheel ever so slightly right at center and the car wouldn't turn, nor were there any force feedback. It seemed like the wheels WANTED to shake, so to do that it decided to turn ITSELF ever so slightly from right to left, making my car go right to left, I had to put a death grip on the wheel to stop it, but I could still feel it trying to pull me off my line. It did this in and out of the draft to, so it wasn't the air of the cars around me, just a stupid, stupid loud wheel that I hated.
 
Benfolio
.... DFP and while on the super smooth test track, in a STRAIGHT line, the wheel would bounce back and forth out of the little dead zone at the center...
Either you actually had a defective wheel, or you never actually learned how to use it.
What you have whined about will not happen on that track, with a working wheel, and a skilled user.
 
I dont have any problems with high powered cars down the long straight at Nurbrugring.

Something must be wrong.
 
Here is the definitive answer BODY REFRESH


I was having the same problem with my Toyota 88 cv race car on the test course

my wheel was bouncing hard left and right. I spent the better part of a day tunning and adjusting the suspension. I even changed my in game settings with the options menu. Nothing helped. Go to the dealership for the car you are driving and see if the body refresh option is unchecked (like mine was too many wrecks) and buy it. Go back to your track (test course for me) drop your suspension settings for default and drive again. If that dont work then I dont know what will.


(my car was becoming uncontrolable at 170 mph now I can do 250 with no problems still get bumps in the road but nothing else.)
 
It could be that your wheel is defective.

Unless you're talking about the NIssan R92CP on Le Sarthe, then that is totally normal.
 
Back