DFP Screwin up ur PS2

  • Thread starter Thread starter futuredrifter
  • 23 comments
  • 1,291 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
320
ok ppl i searched for a thread like this andi didnt find any, so
When GT3 came out i bought me the latest DFP at the time and i luved :dopey: using it, but one day i wanted to play somthin else, i unpluged ma dfp from the usb port and started up the game(i think it was splash down)
wen the game loaded up i tried to navigate the menu with my DS2 and nothing happened, so i unpluged then pluged it bak in still nothing so i restarted the game and tried again nothing, so i go and get a another ds2 tried all ma games, nothing not even in GT3 but if i plug the DFP in it works i can play gt3, but not with the ds2 so im lost, i go to the store and buy a brand new ds2, and yet nothing but the DFP works fine, but there r certain games u just cant use a DFP.

IN the long run i ended up having to send my PS2 bak to sony and had to pay a 100 buks to get it fixed, being afraid i sell my dfp and stuk to using the ds2.

now i have gt4 and theres all this talk about the new DFP and i really want one but im afraid it will screw upma ps2 again

is there anyone out there that had this problem or anyone that can reasure me about the DFP.
 
Failed spelling class did we ?....
 
Flerbizky
Failed spelling class did we ?....

Lets not be an A-Hole. All he wants is reasurance that the DFP will not screw up his PS2. Big deal if he doesn't know how to spell certain words. As long as you can read it, does it really matter?
 
skyline_racer1
Lets not be an A-Hole. All he wants is reasurance that the DFP will not screw up his PS2. Big deal if he doesn't know how to spell certain words. As long as you can read it, does it really matter?
ma, bak, somthin, stuk, ppl..

Somewhere in the AUP or TOS it says something like this :
  • No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc.
  • Half decent grammar is expected. Use of capital letters starting sentences is looked upon favorably. Spelling half decently is also encouraged.
Good enough ?....

So no.. Let's not be A-Holes and let's read the AUP and TOS - Because that intentional crappy spelling hurts my eyes....

[Edit:] And Since his location says West Palm Beach Florida, I think it's safe to say that English IS his native tongue....
 
No dude. It's your controller port. It's wiring has come loose or has faulted and will need to be replaced. Try using port 2. In most games you can use either to play the game as player 1. You just have to use it first. So say when the game is firing up if you skip it by using port 2 controller it will assign that controller as player 1. and controller port 1 as player 2. But since your port 1 is malfuctioning you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong one. (options are limited) Some game, however do not do this and you are pretty much screwed on them. I know games made by EA games and Activision and Acclaim all do this, but I'm not sure about others including SCEA. Just try it and see. If port 2 doesn't work it is because that means that the motherboard is either loose or busted and you're screwed and need a new PS2. I had this prob with PS1 a few years ago and all I did to fix it was jiggle the wires around at the controller port and it worked fine.
 
rsmithdrift
No dude. It's your controller port. It's wiring has come loose or has faulted and will need to be replaced. Try using port 2. In most games you can use either to play the game as player 1. You just have to use it first. So say when the game is firing up if you skip it by using port 2 controller it will assign that controller as player 1. and controller port 1 as player 2. But since your port 1 is malfuctioning you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong one. (options are limited) Some game, however do not do this and you are pretty much screwed on them. I know games made by EA games and Activision and Acclaim all do this, but I'm not sure about others including SCEA. Just try it and see. If port 2 doesn't work it is because that means that the motherboard is either loose or busted and you're screwed and need a new PS2. I had this prob with PS1 a few years ago and all I did to fix it was jiggle the wires around at the controller port and it worked fine.

thanks man i had it sent to sony and i got it back all fixed and new but if there is a next time ill be sure to think about that
 
When my PS2 had a problem(coundnt read any type of disc) I called Sony, and they e-mailed me this form that I sent with my PS2, and I didnt have to pay anything. It was just a few months ago and my PS2 is over 4 years old so its not because of a warranty.
 
futuredrifter
geez man i shortened all my words cuz im a slow typer

For what it's worth - I had no problems reading/understanding anything in your orignial post. I've been a speed typer most of my life, and I know not everyone is (or various other things such as education/native language barriers, etc.) And not that this is relevant to you but I've helped adults learn how to read and do math because they didn't get pushed to do so as a child (not that his applies to you, you just said you're a slow typer) but the relevance is that not everyone has the same skills/abilities (even on the track!) that everybody else has - so I for one understand why you did what you did - what I can whip out in 5 minutes might take you 1/2 an hour.

Why am I saying this? Dunno, just that I *just* got done posting in the (Advise or Spam) thread about how much I enjoy NOT dealing with flamers/spammers on this site. And I hate people that pick on other people because their skills/abilities don't measure up to their own. :mad:

Tell 'em to (politely ;) ) stick it.

👍

UMP
 
futuredrifter
geez man i shortened all my words cuz im a slow typer
And I guess "ma" is much faster to type than "my" - Which just might be understood be people who don't have English as a native language...

It's not that I didn't understand your post. I got it the first time - But what if someone comes along who doesn't speak, type or read english very well ?.. Do you think THEY'd get your message ?.. You gotta remember that this is an international forum - not reserved for the US and other english speaking countries...
 
Flerbizky
And I guess "ma" is much faster to type than "my" - Which just might be understood be people who don't have English as a native language...

It's not that I didn't understand your post. I got it the first time - But what if someone comes along who doesn't speak, type or read english very well ?.. Do you think THEY'd get your message ?.. You gotta remember that this is an international forum - not reserved for the US and other english speaking countries...

I agree with Flerbizky. I live in the US and English is my native language and I had trouble reading the original post. I am an old timer that was raised on proper spelling and grammar. I am not the best in both those categories but I do try. I get lost trying to read what today’s kids are writing, especially when it comes to acronyms. Example, what is ppl? And there are a bunch of others that I see through this site, but I chuck it up as being old and not hip to today’s kids being lazy. It would be nice to take a little time and use a spell checker.
 
Flerbizky
And I guess "ma" is much faster to type than "my" - Which just might be understood be people who don't have English as a native language...

It's not that I didn't understand your post. I got it the first time - But what if someone comes along who doesn't speak, type or read english very well ?.. Do you think THEY'd get your message ?.. You gotta remember that this is an international forum - not reserved for the US and other english speaking countries...
English is not my native language but as long as I understand the key words I have no problem guessing that "ma" is my so I think that every members who can at least understand english should have no problem understanding some slang words
 
gt_masta
English is not my native language but as long as I understand the key words I have no problem guessing that "ma" is my so I think that every members who can at least understand english should have no problem understanding some slang words
Well - I can see from your post that you're not one of those who have trouble grasping the english language - but what about those who DO ?.. They have just as much right to be here as you and I. And then contribute to the society to the best of their abilities.. But confusing the hell out of them with slang like "ma" instead of "my" is just too slack like... If you want me to read what you're trying to say, you can at least make an effort - You're not in THAT much of a hurry are you ?... I would NEVER make fun if I can see that the other end of the keyboard is trying, but when it's laziness and abuse of the english language, then I reserve the right to make a wake up call...

This has been beaten to death before btw...
 
skyline_racer1
Lets not be an A-Hole... As long as you can read it, does it really matter?
nismo4life
dont be a douche...you don't know if english is their second language
Yes, it really matters. With the ways he's missplelled things, you can tell it's on purpose. There's a rule about it. Oddly enough, that rule is designed to make it easier for people with English as their second language to use the boards.
TOS
* No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc.

* Half decent grammar is expected. Use of capital letters starting sentences is looked upon favorably. Spelling half decently is also encouraged.
These rules are here in place to make sure that people who are using non-native English don't also have to contend with lazy or fashion-driven txt msg aolspk.

Plus, it just plain makes you look stupid to do it on purpose, and it makes more work for those whom you expect to read your posts. Those are other reasons why there are rules against it.
 
OH MY GOD PEOPLE GEEZ I ASK FOR HELP WIT MY RESURANCE ISSUE NOT A ENGLISH CLASS ON HOW NOT TO SPEAK IN SLANG :ouch: THE ARGUMENT IS OVER OK ILL WRITE BETTER NOW CAN WE GET BACK TO THE REAL REASON I POSTED THIS THREAD OMFG
 
Well since ive been using the DFP with GT4 ive had no problems and im using a Gen 1 PS2. your problem sounds like a one off problem, as ive heard nothing of its kind before. You were unlucky i guess. DFP is worth the effort, time and money without a doubt.
 
Flerbizky, don't hound on people if your not going to at least check your own typing skills.
in post #13 you said be when you should have said by. Not hounding you, just an observation.
 
Indeed - though he's Danish.

mmcm-80
Flerbizky, don't hound on people if you're not going to at least check your own typing skills.
In post #13 you said "be" when you should have said "by". Not hounding you, just an observation.

We could go on like this all day. But I think it'd be better it we didn't. It's kind of dull.


Anyway... DFP = Good.
 
the DFP was made for the Damn ps2. :dunce:
 
its physically impossible for a USB steering wheel to break your controller ports.
the end.
 
If you have a hardware problem, you need to take your hardware back to the store... I think the vast majority of DFP's and PS2's are compatible... and this thread was ressurected purely to have another go at Flerbizky, so in other words...

attachment.php
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back