DFP won't work anymore

• Thread starter deltabull
  • 6 comments
I messed up and plugged the wrong ac adapter into my DFP . It was a 12 v. instead of 24. Needless to say it didn't work, and when I used the right adapter, now it doesn't work either. I can start GT4 and the wheel tries to calibrate. It turns left and right, lock to lock 3 separate times and stops with the 2 green lights over the center button flashing alternately. I can use the control buttons (direction, X , O, etc., ) but when I start a race I get no steering or throttle and brake.....Any advice anyone?

Are the pedals plugged in to the DFP Wheel?

yes, and I have tried 2 sets of pedals and 2 diff. power adapters....(I have 2 DFP's) Obviously I have done something to the electronics but generally that doesn't happen with too little voltage. I would understand if I supplied too much voltage....I don't know...is there a fuse inside?

ok, I opened her up (took the top off) and took a look inside. There is a white plastic slide that runs forward immeditely in front of the steering collar. It has a tab at the top and at the bottom that depress the 2 microswitches (top switch is for 200 degree and the lower is for 900....there are teeth cut in the opposite side of this slide and a small motor with a very small brass gear that moves this slide up and down. there is a spring mounted at the bottom of this slide also. Apparently the little motor is not working to move this slide up and down... I manually moved the slide upward and saw that the microswitch depressed on the top switch. The 200 degree (left light) came on and I could drive in GT4 with 200 degree steering. I moved the slide down to activate the 900 degree and the lights continued to blink, this time they blinked simultaneously, not alternating as before. I restarted the game with the lower switch activated and it would not play....I put the slide back to the 200 degree position and closed her back up... At least for now the wheel is usable..the force feedback still works, but the unit is locked in the 200 degree mode.....

I believe when the 2 green LED's start flashing, the wheel doesn't get power.

For some reason my dfp is locked at 200º, if i try to toggle to 900º i can hear the mechanism attempt to switch back but it doesnt
Funny thing it started out of the blue, i never use 200º mode and today it was locked on that position when i turned it on
I wonder if inadequate power is to blame like kikie says

I am having the exact same problem as the two people mentioned above. My DFP no longer switches between 200 and 900 degree modes using the button combo. When I press the combo, I can feel the wheel jerk and try to switch, but it just doesn't seem to have enough juice to move the lever. This has been like this for quite awhile now (over a year) and while its not really a big deal it is inconvenient seeing as how I have to keep the wheel disassembled so I can move physically the switch anytime I need to switch between modes. Does anyone have a fix for this condition?

Latest Posts

Back