Diablo GT 00 oversteer is ridiculous!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sputnik
  • 6 comments
  • 969 views
Messages
124
Amount of oversteer this car has is absurd, it looses grip at very low speed corner from a slight wheel turn, I understand realistic, but this is just silly, the car don't feel like it's on a tarmac, it feels like it's on ice.... Not authentic characteristics for a car like Diablo!
 
That's because you're entirely off of the throttle. Keep on it a bit through those corners and it'll start to understeer a tad which is what you want. And the diablo is notorious for being hard to drive.
 
Yep, you're right! I did noticed that, but do you think it's a bit overdone? Entering 1 and 2 turn at Monza at very low speed makes it spin out completely?
 
I don't think so. As far as monza brake entirely in a straight line, give it a bit of gas to get it started, lift a tad to make it nose in, then through the corner shift the weight to the other side and repeat. If you want something more stable just keep on the gas all the way through. It'll understeer though so it'll be slower but it'll be easier to control.
 
I recommend you harness the divine powers of downforce, soft rear suspension, and rear toe-in (which the car should already have)
 
Lamborghini has been known for it's heavy posterior and on limit behavior that results, just careful of the lift off oversteer and otherwise I think it handles quite nice.

As mentioned try to brake in a straight line and if you want to trail-in then left foot brake with a little throttle applied to keep it stable.
 
Don't lift of the throttle and try to be in a place in the gear that isn't too torquey and isn't too draggy. Try fitting an LSD if you can and loosen it up.

They're difficult to drive in real-life too (or so I've been told), they're really the last of the brutal supercars. Most that came after were much more refined... relatively speaking.
 
Back