Did anyone get their Fanatec DD+ to work on PS5 ?

Germany
Germany
Hai.
I finally pulled the trigger on Black Friday when the imminent (hah...) Fanatec DD+ plus the BF Deals appeared (sorry Logitech.... I originally wanted to buy yours sinmce the G29 is reliable as a rock and still going strong after 10 years..., but since there's no eco system to speak of after more than a year for the G Pro, no combined ps5/xbox compatibility [unless one buys 2 full wheel sets...], plus the issues with FFB delivery in GT7 (i.e. max 7 NM in GT7 instead of the advertised 11 NM) a;lll of this made this a no-go...).

Now after the 3 months wait for Fanatec to sort out their selfmade issues, it finally arrived on Friday.
Unfortunately, the Fanatec shambles continue further... (just to mention a few: video instruction links for the DD+ that were linked to via VR code in the minimal printed manual do not exist on the fanatec website... no support in GT7 yet... no FullForce implementation to be seen on GT7... I can't say I'm a happy customer - on top of the BS we pre-order folks went through with Fanatec's abysimal support & communication on multiple occasions & attempts by Fanatec in the last 3 months - it still leaves me scratching my head, how a company is able to build a genuinely good product from what I can tell (i.e. testing on PC...) and then mess up the easier "rest" this monumentally, especailly for such an expensive product...).

Anyhow - to solve some of the issues I was wondering if anyone had more sucess than me, so:
Did anyone get their DD+ to work on PS5 (in gt7) ?

I got a standard Podium Porsche wheel rim with the Universal Hub V2 w XBox compatibility plus Clubsport V3 pedals. All working fine with the DD+ and as expected on PC. All updated to latest drivers & firmware (whjich was another Fanatec mess I did not expect as QR update failed multiple times and Update UI locked up....)
All in all, it works as intended on PC, but on PS5 it's a no-show.
Neither the native PS5 settings, not GT7 settings show anything steering wheel like...
The PS5 settings are overly minimal anyway - but I seem to remember the olden logitech G29 was picked up and shown as an accessory (can't be arsed to set it up again just to check...).
GT7's own controller / wheel settings show nothing either (i.e. Settings -> Controllers -> Steering Cointroller Settings = "No Steering controlelrs are connected" ... !?)
Regarding the DD+ wheel & PS5 - I've now tried every combination I can think of (all compatibility modes on the dd+, all different USB Ports plus combinations on PS5, of just the DD+ and Pedals through RJ45, as well as pedals separately on USB. Nothing seems to show up :( )

Also, I seem to remember flicking through a DD+ review, where people (influenceres/reviewers) were playing/testing their DD+ base with GT7 ( I assume they got direct support from Fanatec how to get it to work.///.). If anyone has seen any breadcrumbs of hoiw they managed to get it to show/work on PS5 & GT7, I'd love to hear about as well.

Cheers & all the best.

Do you press the PS button on the steering wheel to assign a controller?
For me, CS DD+ works normally with GT7 on PS4.

Also potentially worth nothing, cycling through the different modes on DD+, i.e. these
is iffy at best for me.
Especially the dark blue for the PS5 compatibility... afyer Yellow, it always seems to show Red first, and after 2-4 seconds it switches to dark blue...
Oddity over oddity...

Do you press the PS button on the steering wheel to assign a controller?
For me, CS DD+ works normally with GT7 on PS4.
Thanks for the input!!
Which Hub/Rim are you using , just out of curiousity ?

Since I use the Universal Hub V2 for XBox with the DD+ I have no PS button at all.
There's just the 7-way XBox Button on that hub is said to have some configuration issues on PS...

Alas, I assumed the Mode Cycle button on the DD+ (i.e. switching it to Dark Blue PS5 compatibility mode) is the mothod to register the wheel as a controller for PS5. If it's only via the PS button on the hub/wheel, than the recommended approach to use the Universal Hub V2 for XBox with a PS compatible base is at fault... or, I have yet to find the equivalent of the PS button, on the Hub if cycling through the modes isn't the one...

Then that would explain the issue...

ps. just double checked, and that solved it. The XBox button works indeed to register the wheel. But the other issue at play was the QR2 on mine, seems to have a shaky contact issue and I thought the miniature display was meant to be off when used on PS :/
Thanks for the input!

no support in GT7 yet... no FullForce implementation to be seen on GT7... I can't say I'm a happy customer
Have Sony/Polyphony made a statement yet about when GT7/FullForce support will be added into the game?

That bit of the puzzle has nothing to do with Fanatec's shambolic customer service elsewhere.

Back