Did anyone notice this about Apricot Hill Raceway reverse?...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Majarvis
  • 21 comments
  • 1,035 views

Majarvis

(Banned)
Messages
1,423
Did anyone notice this about Apricot Hill Raceway reverse?...

I find that the chicane going downhill (the one you can cut kinda) resembles the downhill chicane at Road Atlanta, does anyone else agree?
 
It's sort of a smallish chicane...never played on Road Atlanta really so I wouldn't know if it's similar...
 
All I thought was that it was kinda like it, actually nah maybe it isn't, the one at Road Atlanta is bigger I think... :odd:
 
Not quite, but it is somewhat reminescent. The esses remind me of the Porsche curves at Le Mans, too.
 
A left-right-left, or right-left-right set of turns designed to slow cars down, and to promote overtaking. They are not as sweeping as S turns.
 
Sort of like this:
Code:
|    |___
|___       |
     |     |
     |     |

Isn't it?
 
Originally posted by Viper Evolution
i run though thoses like nothing. Run through the grass!
Hey buddy try that on the chicane in Cote d'Zure...:banghead:
 
:lol: Heh...yeh, try it on both chicanes...:D (The one after the tunnel and then the one before the last hairpin)...
 
That got me thinking. I wish they would make Cote D'Azur like Monaco in real life. In real life, it's more open, especially in the chicane coming out of the tunnel.
 
Yes, but I think that track version was from 2000, I think they make changes to the circuit every year...I wouldn't mind having ALL the F1 circuits in GT4...;)
 
Yeah, possibly, I can't remember it's configuration from 2000. I know fo this year they opened up turn one A LOT! Along with other sections.
 
Originally posted by Majarvis
That got me thinking. I wish they would make Cote D'Azur like Monaco in real life. In real life, it's more open, especially in the chicane coming out of the tunnel.
Yeah, but if they did that, you'd just strightline it, wouldn't you? They need to put the walls in to make sure that you actually go around the corner, as ViperEvolution said:
i run though thoses like nothing. Run through the grass!

Mind you, ViperEvolution probably isn't doing too well on the license tests or the time trials.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Yes, but I think that track version was from 2000, I think they make changes to the circuit every year...I wouldn't mind having ALL the F1 circuits in GT4...;)


OOOOOO and all the NASCAR tracks too! No just playing, just thought id add that. :lol:
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Yeah, but if they did that, you'd just strightline it, wouldn't you? They need to put the walls in to make sure that you actually go around the corner, as ViperEvolution said:


Mind you, ViperEvolution probably isn't doing too well on the license tests or the time trials.

Yeah that's true...
 
Back