Did pC grinding/vibrationbug kill my g29?

• Thread starter Mr Tree
  • 5 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hey I encountered a bug where my g29 was rumbling like crazy in every corner. I quit the race. Since yesterday my g29 doesn't give any ffb when driving it's fine when not driving. I have tried on a laptop with raceroom same story once the car starts mpving no ffb.

I really think this rumble messed up my g29 and am hoping you guys can tell me if I did something else wrong. Can I break it running standard settings racing for hours and 'pushing' the steer's capabilities? (As in when fighting a lot of feetback and rumble?)

And if so whynis there no warning coming with pC it can mess up you steering wheel

Which game were you playing at the time?
Do you use Logitech Wingman Event Monitor?
Is it still under warranty?

Which game were you playing at the time?
Do you use Logitech Wingman Event Monitor?
Is it still under warranty?

Project cars sorry I forgot to mention.
After some further reflection on the subject. If the wheel can brake itself due to a signal sent to it the designerror was on logitechs behalve.

I am playing on ps4 so no logitech software to check :( did try raceroom on pc same issue. What is the logitech wingman thing.

Wheel was 3weeks old so yes under waranty beeing sent in about 2hours as I'm currently at work.

But I am still wondering if people advice lowzring ffb setting.

Project CARS has a way of exposing weaknesses in wheels. Early on it had a bug that would cause my T300 (PS4) to go full force in one direction out of no where, I would have to jump up and pull the power from the wheel base. After this happened twice.. a knock sound/feeling started to develop when turning the wheel around the center. Thrustmaster replaced my wheel under warranty and due to the FFB bugs on project cars I quick playing it not long after that. I have played many other game since.. Assetto Corsa, SLRE, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, GTS beta... and never once had any of those crazy FFB bugs that I had in pCARS. (vibration, full loss of FFB, slamming the wheel in one direction.. to name a few).

Though your wheel should not be able to break itself.. pCARS can be brutal on hardware with it's complicated FFB system.

Back