Did the SR detection system change in 1.03?

• Thread starter MW_Turned
  • 24 comments
Austria
Vienna
Any of you guys noticed a SR rating change in today's update? I think there's more ghosting and a fairer distribution of negative SR sectors. I just finished a race where a guy rammed me and nearly pushed me off the track. I had no other crashes and in the end i even got a clean race bonus.
Also noticed that you get more experience for a clean race.
What are your experiences?

I was following a few slow drivers a little too closely and they would break way too early for corners so I'd accidentally hit them, nothing major or ramming them off the track, in fact they made it around the corners faster lol, but I did notice even though they were very slight taps I received negative SR notifications where I haven't in the past for the same incidents. Could be coincidence though.

Any of you guys noticed a SR rating change in today's update? I think there's more ghosting and a fairer distribution of negative SR sectors. I just finished a race where a guy rammed me and nearly pushed me off the track. I had no other crashes and in the end i even got a clean race bonus.
Also noticed that you get more experience for a clean race.
What are your experiences?

I agree, I’d been tapped from behind a few times, previously this had resulted in some negative sr and some time penalties for me, however tonight I got off clean,,, I had just gone up a grade so had assumed it was that

SR and DR are done on the server... they can change it whenever they like!
So any change that happens when we get an update is just coincidence :)

For the first time I received a SR downgrade for hitting a wall. I was out in front, zero cars around and slid into a barrier and received an Orange SR. Weird!

I noticed the same yesterday. Some guy hit me like a truck and pushed me into a wall - he didn't even try to get around the corner - I received no penalty at all.
Maybe they tuned the flawed SR system a bit.

System still has problems. I've been diVe bombed and speared into a hairpin twice and got negative SR both times.

TCG
Even when no one is around to witness it?

Big Brother is always watching. :P

I haven't noticed any SR changes. I'm very happy with the way it works. I've had some very minor scrapes with other players and didn't get an SR penalty for it, which I'm happy about. In PCars2, even minor scrapes that have no impact result in an SR penalty, which I find too harsh.

I think there had been an improvement, the system is worki slowly, there are almost zero contacts in SR A now so that’s an improvement from a few days ago.

I still think getting a penalty for being rear ended still needs work. I would understand if there were constant issues of racers parked on the racing line going slow, but so far I’ve not encounter any issues from them those in front. it’s people behind that have caused all my SR strikes which doesn’t quite feel right.

5 days ago I was C DR and D SR. Now I am A DR and S SR (worked my way back to B DR and C SR right before the patch).
So probably. The new track rotation actually encourages fair passing.

5 days ago I was C DR and D SR. Now I am A DR and S SR (worked my way back to B DR and C SR right before the patch).
So probably. The new track rotation actually encourages fair passing.
I want to see how it will be on tight tracks like Tokyo... I think that in A SR and S SR races it will be fine, but in D/C (and even B) SR it will be destruction derby lol. Happy not to be in B SR anymore :-D.

I want to see how it will be on tight tracks like Tokyo... I think that in A SR and S SR races it will be fine, but in D/C (and even B) SR it will be destruction derby lol. Happy not to be in B SR anymore :-D.
I probably won't even bother as it will chuck me back to C SR

Yeah, Tokyo and that very small oval track were catastrophic in the pre-release open beta, especially with 24 players and lots of new players not having an accurate DR/SR ranking yet.

Ovals, I usually ignore them. Tokyo, should be OK on higher ranks but hard as hell to overtake (especially the inner loop).

Ovals, I usually ignore them. Tokyo, should be OK on higher ranks but hard as hell to overtake (especially the inner loop).

The Blue Moon event with the N200 (or N300?) Mazda 6 is actually kind of fun, to my surprise, because it feels a bit like real stock car racing.

Not weird. As intended. Hitting a wall "makes you look bad"

I think that's more of a reflection on your driving ability, hence it should affect DR. Making an error and going off track doesn't mean you're not a fair or clean driver.

I think that's more of a reflection on your driving ability, hence it should affect DR. Making an error and going off track doesn't mean you're not a fair or clean driver.

If you drive chaotically and inconsistently, you're a risk for other drivers.

I probably won't even bother as it will chuck me back to C SR
Kaz said that there will be races closed to low ranked drivers (D/C/B SR maybe?). So, in the future, they could add Tokyo and restrict it to A SR and S SR. I think it would be a good idea, and it would motivate bad drivers to become better/cleaner :D. What do you think?

The Blue Moon event with the N200 (or N300?) Mazda 6 is actually kind of fun, to my surprise, because it feels a bit like real stock car racing.

Well, I just had a race there (started on pole) and got hit (and spun) by a german guy while I was in 2nd place, on the second lap. Went down to 10th place.

Worse than that, my DR progress went back to how it was yesterday... a 4 min race ruined the progress I had made on 2 Gr.3 races, battling against the top1 and top3 guys. 2 races of 20 minutes ruined by a jackass on the first corner of the second lap on the N200 race.

I won't go back to that race. Some people are freaking stupid.

Back