Did you know this about GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 4 comments
  • 1,068 views
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
You are given the option of downloading content worth about 8 GB to your PS3 to make the game faster (I don't think it really does, but they say it will).

But even if you choose not to and decide to put up with the stupid message every time, GT5 will STILL download the content a bit at a time while you play unless you go into options and tell it not to.

Why do they even ask?
 
I actually did know this about the game as I believe the game said that if you do refuse, they'll slowly update it anyway, so you really don't have a choice. That isn't a problem with me.

What's more annoying is that before the 1.06 update, even if you did accept it, they would ask you the same question over and over again. Thank god Polyphony Digital fixed that.
 
I still haven't installed and I bought on release day, My hard drive is almost full (80gb) and don't plan on upgrading it anytime soon, I am used to the load times by now .
 
You are given the option of downloading content worth about 8 GB to your PS3 to make the game faster (I don't think it really does, but they say it will).

But even if you choose not to and decide to put up with the stupid message every time, GT5 will STILL download the content a bit at a time while you play unless you go into options and tell it not to.

Why do they even ask?

You're loading the game content! All of the tracks and cars on your harddrive are going to load faster than having to be loaded off your disk.

Throw a DVD into your computer loaded with about 2GB of pictures and try opening it.

Do the same thing but have the 2GB of pictures on your computers harddrive.

This is why they do it.
 
Back