Did you know....

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
That the odometer on your car actually goes up with the miles you drive? I'm not talking about the little odometer on the heads up display when you are racing. That of course goes up as you drive. I'm talking about the odometer on the instrument cluster of the car when you view it in your garage. What a cool feature!

Sadly, the odometer on the instrument cluster is just a touch off from the miles the game says you have on it. For example my '78 Trans Am says it has 58,635 miles on it, but the odometer reads 58,988.5 miles. Also the odometer may be really off if you are a US player with your settings in miles but you are sitting in a German car which is based on the metric system, or vise-versa. For example my '89 M3 has 59,310 miles on it but the instrument cluster reads 95,450 which is an exact conversion to kilometers.

Pretty cool little detail I only just noticed.

Most do. Some don't. The trip even works in some. If it has a oil pressure or fuel gauges they may work too. PD actually do a good job at making sure you can drive without the hid.

I've been playing this game with no hud for single player and keeping track of things with gauges on the car and my sim app on phone. Some are very detailed depending on the car and show fastest lap, how much longer you can drive on your tank of gas or other little details. I like when it's transitioning from day to night and you see your gauges light up and glow, especially in older cars. I just wish they had an option to remove the wheel for those on Ps4 or without vr, then it would be almost perfect.

Yup the P1 GTR tracks both trip and total miles and current journey my has over 13K miles now.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230529182618.png

Yeah, unfortunately there still some dashboards where the lights don't work, or they only work if the low beams are turned on.

But pretty much every single street car in this game has a working fuel gauge which is a improvement over the past ganes where even that was inconsistent, which is also great for endurance races if you don't want to use the HUD.

The C8 Corvette's dash has an instant fuel economy gauge that sorta works. It definitely doesn't read in miles per gallon, though. :confused:

Last edited:
That the odometer on your car actually goes up with the miles you drive? I'm not talking about the little odometer on the heads up display when you are racing. That of course goes up as you drive. I'm talking about the odometer on the instrument cluster of the car when you view it in your garage. What a cool feature!

Sadly, the odometer on the instrument cluster is just a touch off from the miles the game says you have on it. For example my '78 Trans Am says it has 58,635 miles on it, but the odometer reads 58,988.5 miles. Also the odometer may be really off if you are a US player with your settings in miles but you are sitting in a German car which is based on the metric system, or vise-versa. For example my '89 M3 has 59,310 miles on it but the instrument cluster reads 95,450 which is an exact conversion to kilometers.

Pretty cool little detail I only just noticed.
That is cool.

I noticed something strange a while back, maybe couple updates ago… There were a few times after racing that the odometer listing in the Garage did not go up at all. I remember first noticing after checking number of miles for upcoming oil change and it was still like 250 miles (or something) around what it was when I bought extra copies of it from LCD. It was happening to a one or two group c cars. I don’t know if it was a glitch that was patched or a freak occurrence. I haven’t really paid attention lately.

I tried to check the 787 and R92CP to see if they matched but didn’t notice an odometer inside the car.

Regarding what you mentioned being off on the trans am, the only other things that comes to mind is Time Trials & Missions. I can’t remember off hand if those miles are added on the car… Maybe those are added to the cluster and not garage?

EDIT: or possibly one or more races/tracks were glitched and not adding miles

Last edited:
… at Brands Hatch, the photographers change between GP and Indy layouts. I’ve had photographers in green vests, at the GP layout and photographers in blue vests, at the Indy layout.

Back