difference between 1993 vr4 & sl spioler

  • Thread starter Thread starter nysillestpr
  • 9 comments
  • 787 views
Messages
1
how come the spioler on a vr4 has te bigger brake light then in the sl i understand its for allowing the spiler to move up and down but aint the sl supppost to have it to ..... ppl who kno what there tlaking bout please emial me bout this cuz im intrested in buyin a 3000gt and would like 2 know about this
 
I don't want to spioler your post but I really don't know what you're tlaking about.
 
nysillestpr,

You're a ****ing idiot.
 
The SL and VR-4 versions of the 3000GT up until 1999 all have the same spoiler. The VR-4 for 1999 has the rather large EVO like spoiler, while the base models have the 1997-98 Eclipse like spoiler. The spoilers are nonadjustable. You might be confusing the spoiler with the Active Aero system on the 3000GTs. The Active Aero moves up or down depending on the speed to create more downforce and stabilize the car at high speeds.
 
I found a description from a Mitsubishi manual that explains it better than I can:

While sophisticated drivetrain and suspension systems enhance traction,
handling and safety characteristics of the 3000GT VR-4, an Active Aero™
system modifies the body shape of the vehicle at high speeds to increase down
force without increasing aerodynamic drag.

At speeds above 50 mph, the Active Aero™ system automatically tilts the
rear spoiler 14 degrees and lowers the front air dam three inches, modifying
the exterior shape of the car to decrease the amount of air that travels under
the car, reducing both lift and drag. At speeds below 31 mph, the spoiler
automatically repositions to its original angle and the air dam automatically
retracts. The driver can deactivate the system from the automatic mode via a
console-mounted switch.
 
ROFL, I laughed so hard I cried reading the first part, ya'd think they invented active-bending sheetmetal. Mint! :dopey:
 
Back