Difference between physics GTA demo and GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 9 comments
  • 1,125 views

mister dog

(Banned)
Messages
8,396
Belgium
Spain
Messages
misterdog
Messages
misterdog7
Just wondering; I've heard a couple of people say that the cars don't feel as lively as they did in the GTA demo from this summer. Can anyone confirm if the physics indeed feel numbed down compared to the demo and the cars aren't as challenging to control?

I enjoyed the physics of the demo a lot.
 
This was the case also with GT5 academy demo. Physics were not final. I liked demo physics too but I don't think physics in GT6 are any easier.
 
Just wondering; I've heard a couple of people say that the cars don't feel as lively as they did in the GTA demo from this summer. Can anyone confirm if the physics indeed feel numbed down compared to the demo and the cars aren't as challenging to control?

I enjoyed the physics of the demo a lot.
Haven't you bought it yet?

There isn't quite as much body roll, but it's still significantly more lively than GT5.

Biggest step change in the series, physics wise.
 
I hated the GT6 Academy Demo physics. Sliding the cars to make them faster, very unreal. Didn't bother competing, just got all the golds to get the free cars. GT6 physics feel great to me, I'm really enjoying driving the cars in Free Run, & watching the replays afterwards.
 
The GTA Demo has old tire physics, overall GT6 is better and more realistic, even with stick I can feel the weight, each tires getting traction when cornering, braking and tires giving feedback - great feeling which are absent in the demo.
 
@bodger first i was thinking of buying it second hand, now i won't even buy it until the game is improved in a major way (sounds, AI, etcetera). As that probably won't happen i'll just skip this one as i have enough other good racing games that don't have these important things missing.

Well regarding the difference in physics; on most of the vids i've seen so far of the finished game i get the impression the car is on rails. There doesn't seem to be much oversteer going on in general, even with the older cars whilst i remembered you had to really work in the demo to keep it on the road...
 
It is the other way around, GT6 Academy demo was more on rails, like GT5. The released version of GT6 gets rid of the on rails feeling of GT5 and GT6 Academy demo but brings a long some issues in that it is not progressive enough to control some of the cars. Amazing how much of a difference the new physics makes to the AWD cars, so much more fun.
 
@bodger first i was thinking of buying it second hand, now i won't even buy it until the game is improved in a major way (sounds, AI, etcetera). As that probably won't happen i'll just skip this one as i have enough other good racing games that don't have these important things missing.

Well regarding the difference in physics; on most of the vids i've seen so far of the finished game i get the impression the car is on rails. There doesn't seem to be much oversteer going on in general, even with the older cars whilst i remembered you had to really work in the demo to keep it on the road...

The videos could be deceiving. The MR cars are much more of a handful in GT6.

For me though, the biggest improvement is in the way FF cars drive. They just seem more fun, and more natural in the way the understeer is simulated.

I think this is helped by the fact that all cars seem to provide much more feedback; audibly through the tyres, and by the way they visually respond to inputs.
 
@bodger first i was thinking of buying it second hand, now i won't even buy it until the game is improved in a major way (sounds, AI, etcetera). As that probably won't happen i'll just skip this one as i have enough other good racing games that don't have these important things missing.

Well regarding the difference in physics; on most of the vids i've seen so far of the finished game i get the impression the car is on rails. There doesn't seem to be much oversteer going on in general, even with the older cars whilst i remembered you had to really work in the demo to keep it on the road...

Check the tires on those videos :) I have one linked on my sig, I drive mainly with comfort tires, believe me, the cars drove like they should on comfort tires :) If you skip this one, that's up to you :)
 
Check the tires on those videos :) I have one linked on my sig, I drive mainly with comfort tires, believe me, the cars drove like they should on comfort tires :) If you skip this one, that's up to you :)
Well some nice driving there from your part, but you're giving the stratos on comfort hards as an example :D
I've been reading from many that is "the handful" of the entire game. And even then with that car on such crap tires i think i would see you sliding more as soon as you touch the gas pedal ;)
 
Back