Difference between SRF & ASM

  • Thread starter Thread starter cookieee
  • 9 comments
  • 854 views
Messages
201
Canada
Toronto, ON
So skid recovery prevents your car from skidding and will automatically adjust your car when it detects oversteer due to skid... but isn't ASM the same thing? It 'actively manages the stability' of the vehicle.. which in a way seems like it's similar to SRF (prevents you from spinning out or losing control etc.)

I am not really a automobile or physics expert, but would really like to hear from someone who knows exactly what they are & what they do. :sly:

Thanks
 
ASM is real - we call it ESP in real-life.

SRF isn't real and will probably never be.
 
No, ASM presses the brakes for you when you under or oversteer.

I hate ASM, it slows you down so much!!!
 
I'm not sure if that's still correct, PD changed physics about 3 times since I found out what skid recovery realy does.

Skid recovery is a pure virtual help, it's not real. The game "detects" when your tires starts spinning and increases the downforce of the car, thus helping your car to stay on track.
 
I'm not sure if that's still correct, PD changed physics about 3 times since I found out what skid recovery realy does.

Skid recovery is a pure virtual help, it's not real. The game "detects" when your tires starts spinning and increases the downforce of the car, thus helping your car to stay on track.

SRF actually adds traction when the wheels are slipping, not downforce.
 
ASM is real - we call it ESP in real-life.

Isn't that simple. Diferent brands use diferent patents for ASM. ESP is one of those patents but i'm sure there are others. I cant remember any right now.
 
If my understanding is correct, "ESP" (or whatever your car calls it) may include elements of GT5s ASM and TCS.

As everyone else has said though, SRF is pure fantasy. You just magically get more grip.
 
Back