Differences Between GT4 and GTHD

• Thread starter Zetec-ss
  • 8 comments
GTHD is just a demo with one track (Eiger Norwand) and 12 standard cars + the same 12 cars mildly modified. GTHD is based off the GT5 graphics engine with an updated physics engine over GT4. Yes it is a free download on the EU and US playstation stores.

load? loading times are short, but downloading times depends on your internet connection (roughly 650-700mb from memory).

..and the big one: the horrible understeer is gone forever. Now you can whip your tail violently, especially with the Ferrari! 👍👍👍

That indeed, is a great improvement, however, you're talking about 12 cars, I donwloaded it yesterday and only have 12 (Ferrari was last to unlock). Am I missing something?

That indeed, is a great improvement, however, you're talking about 12 cars, I donwloaded it yesterday and only have 12 (Ferrari was last to unlock). Am I missing something?

If you beat the target time in the Ferrari you will unlock the tuned versions of the cars and the drift mode.

I thought there were only 10 cars? 20 including tuned

I didn't count the tuned ones as different, but I'm sure I've read somewhere around here that there were 12 (or 24 with tuned I guess) cars in total. Guess that was a mistake then...

10 cars, 8 japanese, 2 euro.
the physics differences between GT4 and GTHD are very minimal. The Integra still can't find traction in a straight line in first gear, no matter how hard you try, and if you watch replays, the "drifting" angles are very low.
the only real differences I've found so far, are RWD cars spinning the tires easier at higher speeds, and they also break them loose more easily while turning.
nevertheless, real-world drift angles are next to impossible to control, and end quickly whether you wreck or pull it back, same as with GT4. Hell, most of the cars sound exactly the same as they did in GT4

Actually, the realistic understeer is the same, it's just that GTHD finally addresses the lack of snap-oversteer in FWD and AWD cars that's inherent in GT4.

The Integra drives more like a real car now. It's still no drift king, but then, that Honda's suspension is really like that... it rewards smooth driving more than tail-out driving. I'd like to see how a more darty car like the Honda Fit or the Ford Focus would handle on this engine (or the GT5 engine... we haven't gotten our Prologue yet).

And hallelujah... the Evos actually snap! In previous GTs, they had way too much rear-end grip to snap, even on bumpy roads.

Where I'd rate GT as 85% (last 15% held because of the lack of snap oversteer), I'd say GTHD is at about 90% realistic. Drifting in some cars is difficult, yes, but if it were always easy in real life, then everybody would be a drift king.. right? :lol:

Back