Differences between Japanese 1.0 and Japanese 1.1 releases

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by Sal_89, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Sal_89

Sal_89

What are the differences between the two Japanese releases? I've played both, but I don't have seen differences. The only difference between the NTSCs and PAL releases is that in the NTSC-J there is the Shelby GT500KR instead of the normal GT500

2. submaniac93

submaniac93

Most of the time between releases it's only bug fixes. The Nascar Taurus might have been censored for 1.1 however.

3. Sal_89

Sal_89

Then is the same thing as the NTSC-U versions, that have the 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 and fixes bugs and remove the Nascar Taurus

4. MMRivit

MMRivit

Bug fixes like allowing the player to reach 100% completion, slight changes to car models/textures (carried over from US v1.1) and a "corrupted character being fixed."

Some useful info about version differences can be found on TCRF's pages about GT2's Regional Differences and Revisional Differences.

Both JP versions have Mark Martin's Taurus. Only US v1.2 and PAL have the generic design.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    submaniac93 likes this.
  5. Sal_89

Sal_89

What is it this?

6. MMRivit

MMRivit

The font used by the JP version had a "corrupted character" in v1.0 which was fixed in v1.1. I don't know which one it was though, just read about it.