Differences between Japanese 1.0 and Japanese 1.1 releases

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 5 comments
Italy
Varallo Pombia, Italy
Salva-the_gamer
What are the differences between the two Japanese releases? I've played both, but I don't have seen differences. The only difference between the NTSCs and PAL releases is that in the NTSC-J there is the Shelby GT500KR instead of the normal GT500

Most of the time between releases it's only bug fixes. The Nascar Taurus might have been censored for 1.1 however.

Then is the same thing as the NTSC-U versions, that have the 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 and fixes bugs and remove the Nascar Taurus

Bug fixes like allowing the player to reach 100% completion, slight changes to car models/textures (carried over from US v1.1) and a "corrupted character being fixed."

Some useful info about version differences can be found on TCRF's pages about GT2's Regional Differences and Revisional Differences.

The Nascar Taurus might have been censored for 1.1 however.
Both JP versions have Mark Martin's Taurus. Only US v1.2 and PAL have the generic design.

Last edited:
The font used by the JP version had a "corrupted character" in v1.0 which was fixed in v1.1. I don't know which one it was though, just read about it.

Back