Different favorite tracks TT vs. GT?

• Thread starter Rezonance
  • 19 comments
Something that I've noticed since I started playing TT...some of the tracks I used to love in the GT series are no fun on a bike while some of the tracks I hated in GT I now love in TT!

For example, my old GT favorites Midfield and Laguna Seca aren't much fun for me on bikes, while Apricot Hill and the Fuji tracks(!) are awesome! In the GT series I've always disliked Apricot Hill and absolutely LOATHED all of the Fuji tracks. Must have something to do with how the handling of the bikes affects the flow around the track. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes, I have the same thing.

In GT, I like:
Midfield, Seatle

And I dislike:
Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill

In TT I like:
Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill

And I dislike:
Midfield, Seatle (including all other street courses, especially New York)

All the other tracks aren't any different for me, allthough I much more like to drive the tracks with motorcycles then cars.

Hated infineon,now my favourite,loved citta di aria now i dont find it interesting any more,hated the ring,still hate it now :sly:

Midfield was a favorite and still is, now i hate all the city tracks with right angle corners. I always only used to race Deep Forest and Trial Mountain only when i had to, but now i find them more fun.

The lo-o-o-o-o-ong braking distances on the bike are what make the city courses uninteresting for me in TT. Same with Motegi road courses. Long straight, long brakes, lean. Long straight, long brakes, lean. No rhythm at all.

The others, like Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Autumn Ring, etc. the rhythm needed to do them quickly is much more interesting on the bike.

Deep forest now scares the hell out of me on a bike, used to love screaming round there in a car. New York is very difficult on a bike now, you get one corner wrong through the series of 90 degree turns you get them all wrong! :ouch:

The Ring is still a great track though, just very, very careful throttle control required now. :nervous:

I like the short Suzuka circuit. The one with the fast flowing bends, the Snake or whatever its called, for some reason it reminds me of Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Apricot hill is nice. The bus stop chicanes on circuits like full Suzuka (the very last one is a joke!!) are a pain and they are in real life. Its very hard to get the perfectly right, its brakes, chuck it about and whack on the gas, its not smooth or flowing and thats what is so good about the first bit of Suzuka and Apricot Hill. Bikes are so much more fun on fast flowing bits. Donington Park from Redgate corner to Coppice corner is something else on a 125! Amazing fun.

I hated deep forest and infineon in GT4. I love those tracks in TT.
I hate the street tracks in TT. I think it's because of the rhythm on those tracks.

thats what track should be in the game - Brands Hath (the Full GP curcuit, and also included should be the older one before they re-profiled dingle dell into sheene curve)

Best track ever. Paddock Hill is awseome.

Matt

In GT4 I didn't like suzuka but that might be because I was never really forced to learn it.

In TT I had to do so many challenges and races on it that I have gotten to love it.

I don't like new york and seoul in either game.

Deep forest i've always liked but I find myself using it lots as one of my fun timetrial spots.

I'm not sure if i'll use motorland much on bikes. In gt4 it is fun with sim tires and trying to drive roadcars to their limits. Nothing like trying to take the old rr ruf through undulating curves.

Didn't know about this thread when I set up one pretty much the same as this.:ouch:

Tracks I like on TT, but not on GT4:
  • Motegi Road Course (flows a lot better)
  • Deep Forest (by bike and with its ups and downs, its like a mini-Nurburgring!)
  • Fuji Speedway '05 (the twisty end bit isn't quite so annoying)

Tracks I like on GT4, but not on TT:
  • Suzuka (would be a good track, but is completely ruined by those stupid chicanes)
  • Seoul (nowhere near as fast by bike, a lot more slamming into walls)

I've hated and found some tracks much harder before (GT4) and grown to like them with different cars and/or settings.

It's the same with bikes. Some tracks are just no good with certain bikes.

Short tracks with lots of corners like Autumn Ring are great with a 250 NSR but it becomes kind of narrow with a Hayabusa 1300...

On the other end of the spectrum :), a kind of long straight, brake, corner, long straight track, becomes truly boring with a 250.

(Although I find that kind of track boring in any bike or car. No corners=no fun).

Has anyone noticed how much harder and more exiting trial mountain is on a bike compared to a car?

The same goes for Deep forest, i think its all the elevation changes.

I didn't really like El Capitan in GT4, but I love it in TT. The same goes for Deep Forest (although I loved the GT3 version of that course).

I can't really think of any other notable ones. The Nurburgring is my favorite track in both games, and I hate Laguna Seca even more in TT than I do in GT4.

Wow no one has metioned Tsukuba, I love hot in TT they throw in that little chicane after the Dunlop tire bride thing.

I have alwaya loved Deep Forest in all the GT games, but even more in TT.

And yes for the love of GOD!!! Bring back my SSR11

I hated Suzuka, I could never get that braking point to the last chicane before the start/finish straight. Finally, after Golding the license with the Honda it's one of my favorite tracks :)

I still can't stand it in GT

Back