different force feedback online/offline ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter DrDeathO5
  • 2 comments
  • 348 views
Messages
20
Belgium
Belgium
Messages
DrDeathO5
Hi,

I notice when you play online I get a lot less feedback effects from my controller (DS3). It's like the car is floating a lot more while if you go practice offline with same settings the car feels more real and connected with the road (because the force feedback effects work properly).

Anybody else noticed this?

Also some people stated physics are different online then in offline mode? Maybe this has got something to do with it, because the cars feel different when you get less feedback.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I use a PWTS wheel and have the in game setting at default for feedback. I see no difference at all online.

Edit: I should clearify. There is a difference online related to tire wear which is off in all A-Spec except endurance races. Worn tires do feel a bit different than new ones.
 
With the controller DS3 there is a big difference, when you drive over the curbstones for example i hardly notice them online, maybe it has got something to do with the online settings or lag.

I know that you can chance the rate of frequency to get feedback from the road in some games (GTR2 for example). the higher the rate/frequency the more calculations and the more accurate. But this has an effect on the processor and i suppose in sending the data online also and you notice it while driving in GTR2 cause when lowering the frequency (say from 100 times a second to 50 times a second, i'm not sure aboute the right numbers anymore) ) the feedback gets less precise cause there

So maybe in GT5 the frequency is set lower to take less computing power
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back