Different helmet color

  • Thread starter Thread starter opendriver
  • 12 comments
  • 1,246 views
Messages
3,704
I have been playing GT4 ever since it came out, the one thing I like the most was the "photo mode" thing. So, I took one of my car out to the ring and have a little fun with it. I go off a jump and take a cool action shot:



Fastforward to a few years later and I take a nother shot for the 50th anaversry DPC and this is what I got(not the best shot of getting the helmet):


Why are the helmets different colors???
Does anyone know why?
 
I think your driving suit style depends on some amount of points(A-spec?)
 
so many a-spec points gets you a new suit for your driver.
the antiques have their own appearance. a man in a driving suit and helm, missing only the big white scarf trailing behind...

one car has it's side mirror positioned just so that you an actually watch the driver. they even bothered to make him blink!
 
The driving suits are determined by the percentage complete rather than A–Spec points.

gt.jpg


Source.
 
I never ever even noticed the change in suits for my driver until I read this post. But I can tell you he's wearing a Red Suit!
 
That's pretty cool. I'm around 30% and my driver is in the blue suit, which I think looks the best :D

I wonder what 100% is like? Does anyone who's completed the game have a pic of their B-Spec driver?
 
crazy
That's pretty cool. I'm around 30% and my driver is in the blue suit, which I think looks the best :D

I wonder what 100% is like? Does anyone who's completed the game have a pic of their B-Spec driver?

It probably transforms into T-1000
 
crazy
That's pretty cool. I'm around 30% and my driver is in the blue suit, which I think looks the best :D

I wonder what 100% is like? Does anyone who's completed the game have a pic of their B-Spec driver?

He still has the same red suit.
But he actually has four types of suits, depending on what car he is in.
The classic motorist:

The oldschool racedriver:

And this one is only seen in this car, AFAIK. Notice the facemask:

The modern racedriver, in this case the red styled suit:
 
I guess it is to reflect the professionalism and status of the driver.

ie. you look at small local competitions (speedway, HQ's etc.) compared to more professional comps (V8 Supercars, F1 etc.) and you will see what I mean
 
@ 100% you will probably look like "the Stig" from Topgear... just imagine.:)
 
Back