Different set-up for Seasonal

• Thread starter apec
  • 3 comments
dabroad
I think it would be more fun if we didn't start 20 seconds back and we have go be much faster than the leader to win the event. I think it would be more fun if we all started closer together, and instead of just catching the leader in 5 laps, we actually raced for 5 laps.

What do you guys think?
Maybe an idea for future seasonal events?

I think it would be more fun if we didn't start 20 seconds back and we have go be much faster than the leader to win the event. I think it would be more fun if we all started closer together, and instead of just catching the leader in 5 laps, we actually raced for 5 laps.

What do you guys think?
Maybe an idea for future seasonal events?

That would be ok for some of the events if they could work it out. The benefit of the format they have now shows the importance of doing quick consistent laps, how to see progress compared to leader, teaches how to make clean passes (because getting held up by the other AI will kill a lap time) and patience....

All these skills aren't taught in the real world race scene as much as they should be (in preliminary racing series, clubs and or local short track outings). They put the fast car up front and he or she usually stays up front. >> Put the hot shoe in the back and let's see if he or she knows how to go fast, stay on course, out of trouble with other cars, and gain enough spots in a short time to earn the victory. Money buys speed, but does not teach one how to drive clean consistent laps with obsticles (other competitors) in the way.

Not against some options in GT5/6 to make for more close racing. But, over all I think PD has done a real good job in putting together a great training tool. A tool to train aspiring racers who desire to race in the real world, give more training to those already in the RW race scene, and to give those who just enjoy the automobile industry a place to gain skills and have some fun. 👍

I would really prefer for a qualifying round. The chances are we may qualify 1st but the AI's should set or programmed in such a manner that they would be hard to beat.

If this were possible, would also like the number of laps to be increased & a mandatory pitstop.

I would really prefer for a qualifying round. The chances are we may qualify 1st but the AI's should set or programmed in such a manner that they would be hard to beat.

If this were possible, would also like the number of laps to be increased & a mandatory pitstop.

Yeah I can agree with that .. that would be a great addition to GT. I've tried to simulate what your saying (apart from qualifying) in practice mode (one make) ... But for one, you have to d-tune so much it gets old quick. They should at least clone your PP/hp and put more skilled AI behind the wheel.

Again, what they have is great but with the addition of a competative real race sim would be even better.

Last edited:
Back