DIFFERENT SIZED TRIPLE MONITOR QUESTION

• Thread starter Kalem
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Ktrain186
Hi everyone, So I just built my first gaming PC and absolutely love it. Assetto Corsa and iRacing are amazing. My build is a 4670k, R9 280x GB windforce, 8gb ram, 1tb WD black, NZXT phantom 410 and some other bits and peices.

I have a 27 inch monitor and really want triple screens. However I can only really afford 2, 24 inch (they have some great deals on atm) and was wondering if I can use 2, 24's with a 27 centre screen.

I also want it all to line up so that they pictures are exact same scale, but I am just missing a bit of image off the top of the 2 outer screens if that makes sense. I don't want the middle screen to look blown up or out of proportion.

Can this be done?!

thanks for any replies, really appreciated

I'd also be open to having 2 outer monitors in potrait mode so that it all lines up. Anyone know what size i'd need to fit my 27 inch and any ones that can turn sideways easy?????????

I'd also be open to having 2 outer monitors in potrait mode so that it all lines up. Anyone know what size i'd need to fit my 27 inch and any ones that can turn sideways easy?????????

You know Pythagoras, right?

C = sqrt(A^2 + B^2)
27^2 = (A^2 + B^2)
729 = (A^2 + B^2)

Now say the aspect ratio is 16:9 (which it will be if it's 1080p), so add the two together to get 25:

729/24 = 29.16

Multiply this by 9 to get the length of the short side squared:

29.16 * 9 = 262.44

The square root of 262.44 should be the height of the 27" monitor in inches:

sqrt(262.44) = 16.2"

Now to work out the size of the monitor you need to fit that, divide 16.2 by 16, multiply the result by 9, use that answer as B and 16.2 as A then do Pythagoras again and you'll have the diagonal length of the monitor you need.

... I think. Maths isn't my strong point, I've posted my working so someone more knowledgable may be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

As for monitors that swivel, all I know is that Dell's Ultrasharps have very nice mounts that swivel very easily.

Yeah I have realised I would need a 18 inch monitor that is 4:3 to come close. I think 3x27 is easiest tbh
Thanks anyway

Latest Posts

Back