Different ways for going ahead

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjboi
  • 21 comments
  • 985 views
Messages
125
đź’ˇ I was just wondering if it would be sweet if PD could throw in other ways to progress/win races other than just the standard "come in first place" stuff. No doubt, coming in first place is cool and all, but it kinda gets boring after awhile. Maybe PD could throw in stuff like "Come in the top 3" or "Perform 7 perfect best-line drifts to win" stuff, probably in a special challenge mode or such. Any thoughs?
 
i reckon, starting about a lap behind an opponent, then you have to catch up in a time limit, if ya catch him/past him in the time given, ya win gold, if ya within 10 sec of ur opponent when time is up, silver and within 20 sec of ur opponent when time is up, bronze
 
The problem with racing really is it tends to be governed by the whole... come in first place kindof thing...

Drifting competitions will obviosuly be slightly different though...

C.
 
BAR-ZoNdA
i reckon, starting about a lap behind an opponent, then you have to catch up in a time limit, if ya catch him/past him in the time given, ya win gold, if ya within 10 sec of ur opponent when time is up, silver and within 20 sec of ur opponent when time is up, bronze

= Close to what is already included in GT4p.
 
yeh exactly, it would be fun so have a series race like that.
 
Maybe a series of challenges or something would be pretty cool...

I liked the manufacturer challenges in GT2 that you could race in...

C.
 
jjboi
đź’ˇ I was just wondering if it would be sweet if PD could throw in other ways to progress/win races other than just the standard "come in first place" stuff. No doubt, coming in first place is cool and all, but it kinda gets boring after awhile. Maybe PD could throw in stuff like "Come in the top 3" or "Perform 7 perfect best-line drifts to win" stuff, probably in a special challenge mode or such. Any thoughs?
It sounds like Tony Hawk 👎:grumpy:
 
I'd like to see more 1 on 1 races. I don't know if anyone has seen the Initial D anime series?
Anyhow, they have a race where one of the two racers starts in front (mostly the one with less power), if he manages to outrun the person behind him he wins, and if the person behind him overtakes him, that person wins.
 
actually, that sounds a whole lot like PG2.
 
Dev_Zero
I'd like to see more 1 on 1 races. I don't know if anyone has seen the Initial D anime series?
Anyhow, they have a race where one of the two racers starts in front (mostly the one with less power), if he manages to outrun the person behind him he wins, and if the person behind him overtakes him, that person wins.


Yeah, that would be nice. Although I doubt anyone would have the balls to use an AE86 against an RX7 when it's stock or something. If they had that type of touge, I'd lightly mod my car, nothing mid blowing. Just cuz' a car's fast doesn't mean it's fun to drive. If there happens to bea mountain track, you can bet to see me online tearin em up in my Panda Turbo Levin ;) (hint hint: my name)
 
the AE86 wasn't exactly stock though. It had some engine mods and an adjustable suspension. But hey, if they have a mountain track we should be able to "Grab the gutter" :)
I hope they don't only include the hachi-roku though, I want to drive the hachi-go aswell :)
 
i think a point to point track through winding mountains at night ala initial d would be great, and it would be multi purpouse as theres stages of the WRC that are similar to this. so it would give the rally peeps something other than mud/snow and the initial d fanbase could run downs and ups on it.

only problem is lack of projected headlights, im not sure how theyd work you being able to see anything into it. street lights would detract from the atosphere greatly.. so we need projected lights and the option to buy light clusters/ better lights for your car... fantastic
 
Dev_Zero
the AE86 wasn't exactly stock though. It had some engine mods and an adjustable suspension. But hey, if they have a mountain track we should be able to "Grab the gutter" :)
I hope they don't only include the hachi-roku though, I want to drive the hachi-go aswell :)


Oh I know :lol: I forgot. Grabbin the gutter might be too much, people would use it all over the place. Unless they made it a DIFFICULT, DIFFICULT skill to master, then it would be okay. :indiff:

The Hachi-Go has almost no chance of making it in, I mean, they only have the Zenki models of the AE86, not even the Kouki(newer, updated look). I wish they DID include it. If it was in there, though, I would be driving it a LOT :lol: , just to see it spin one wheel because of it's open differential. Or I'd tune it to become a cornering monster. :lol: 83 horsepower clunker :lol: keeping up with you on the corners. Kinda straight out of my fav. episode of Initial D, where Takumi chases the jerks in Itsuki's car.
 
lidless gutters so we have to get some extreme weight-shifting happening?
 
Sounds like a road circuit version of bracket racing in drag racing. That actually might be kind of fun. :D

In Bracket racing, the two cars are launched at different times, based on how long it will take them to reach the finish IF THEY DRIVE A PERFECT RACE. For example, if one car does the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds, he will get to leave the line 2 seconds before the guy next to him who can run the 1/4 in 12 seconds. Theoretically, if both cars do EVERYTHING perfectly, then they will cross the finish line at the exact same time. Of course no one can do everything perfectly, so the winner is always the one who made the fewest mistakes. This allows a slower car to actually beat a faster car if driven well.

This could be applied to the road course just like you guys are saying. If you're driving a slow street car, you'll get a designated head start before your competition (who might be using a race car) is allowed to try and catch up. The car with the smoothest driving line and proper driving skills should win. Might be fun. 👍
 
jjboi
đź’ˇ I was just wondering if it would be sweet if PD could throw in other ways to progress/win races other than just the standard "come in first place" stuff. No doubt, coming in first place is cool and all, but it kinda gets boring after awhile. Maybe PD could throw in stuff like "Come in the top 3" or "Perform 7 perfect best-line drifts to win" stuff, probably in a special challenge mode or such. Any thoughs?

...but isn't the point of "racing" winning?

That being said you in GT3 there are other ways to "win". Take one of the series races. You don't have toi win them all (or any for that matter) if you have more points at the end you "win".

GT4P does have challanges in the school mode, passing without touching, starting a lap or two down and passing the other car in a certian amount of time, etc etc.....

I don't see why GT4 won't have all that stuff and maybe more.
 
I'm not worried about how to win, I'm completely confident in my skills and I don't need any shortcuts. Although it might be fun and challenging to see just how much you can catch up to a car, (x) seconds in the lead. Or, see if you can keep up with a car a class above your own, say race a class B against a class A. This would represent true skill and not raw power which we all equip or cars with. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of winning with my cars "hustle" a.k.a speed factor. If online racing turns out to have no limits or control over factors, I'm out. As long as I can control what kind of cars race with me online, I'm ok. But if it's just Ferrari 360's and R34 Skylines, SCREW playing online, I played GT3 almost everyday for three years, who needs some cheap players online? I'm not saying it WILL be, though.

As for the bracket racing, yeah that's a fresh idea and could be good.
 
I agree with RedOak, sounds like you all want the race modes and challenges in Project Gotham Racing 2, and PGR1, and Metropolis Street Racer. :)

I think the Licenses will be varied enough for almost everyone. :) (Fingers crossed)
 
redhed17
I agree with RedOak, sounds like you all want the race modes and challenges in Project Gotham Racing 2, and PGR1, and Metropolis Street Racer. :)

I think the Licenses will be varied enough for almost everyone. :) (Fingers crossed)

No we don't want the race modes and challenges in those games... That's because they SUCK. We want race types taken from other things that existed WAAAY before those games. The mentioned games may have something similar, but it looks like they had the same idea only implemented it poorly.
 
Back