Difficulty? Anyone...

  • Thread starter Thread starter mkay
  • 23 comments
  • 1,345 views
Messages
172
Messages
zrohedge
Hi!

Hum... I just completed the All-Japan GT Championship. Even if this is not a tough tough event, I was wondering if there was a option for level of difficulty in GT Mode, cause some of the events on this game are too easy.

I took a S2000 LM at 400 HP / 1050 kg to win it against Motul Pitwork and others. I had races of 150-190 A-Spec pts and won them by 20 secondes easily. There's no real fun while playing against this poor AI.

I know I should've changed car, but I don't wanna spend more time searching for a good car than doing this championship.

Except for some races, I don't find this game challenging at all. I hope there's gonna be some tougher stuff soon. I will do GTWC soon.

That was my 2 cents.
 
Nope there is no difficulty adjustment within the game in GT mode.
 
have you tried any of the missions? I noticed the later ones get pretty tough because its all about technique...pretty much all the same car/power level.
 
foff667
have you tried any of the missions? I noticed the later ones get pretty tough because its all about technique...pretty much all the same car/power level.

Yeah, I tried them, some are tough. But, I mean, when I bought the game, I hoped for a difficult game, but I found out that it was pretty easy (after nearly 30% of the game completed).

I hope the endurance events and the extreme events are gonna be tough.
 
mkay
Yeah, I tried them, some are tough. But, I mean, when I bought the game, I hoped for a difficult game, but I found out that it was pretty easy (after nearly 30% of the game completed).

I hope the endurance events and the extreme events are gonna be tough.

endurance is easy...just some of them are very long ie the 24hr races...extreme ones are hard without the right cars...but dude your only 30% done...what did you expect? lol do some of the missions...did u finish up your licenses? Then do some of the special(hard) races with the penalties some of them are pretty tough even with fast cars. Go to like mission 15+ and tell me how easy they are :)
 
mkay
I hope the endurance events and the extreme events are gonna be tough.

The simple answer is that you can make them as easy or as tough as you want - by careful selection of your car... use the A-Spec points a guide to how hard it is going to be... last night I started Formula GT, expecting a tough battle... it didn't happen - the F1 car will only give you 60 A-Spec points per race, so I will try it again in a slower car for more of a challenge - now I'm using a list made by route_66, he has done almost every race at 200 A-Spec points - he has a list somewhere in this huge but very helpful thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761&page=1&pp=20&highlight=200+a-spec

Cheers,
TM
 
Hiya mkay:
Unfortunately you've discovered the sad truth about GT4! :guilty: The "Sim" side of things is REALLY a "Let-Down" this time. I mean why do we need to use a STOCK Grp C ride to find a decent race in FORMULA GT??? or JGTC500 rides to find a good race in GTWC??? 👎 I've done quite a few "Underdog" series so far & would be happy to share the info if you're interested. 👍

The only "Salvation" seems to be the new & improved ARCADE Section. :cheers: I'm just starting to get a handle on it & although it takes a fair amount of effort, by adjusting HP / Weight / Tyres / "AI" Difficulty etc VERY GOOD Races CAN be found...O.G. :D
 
For regular races, like previous posters said, you can make it as hard as you like by choosing a lesser car.

For out-of-box challenges, I'd recommend the following:

- Mission 34 ('nuff said)
- Mission 23
- Mission 11,12,13,14,18
- Grand Canyon Hard (i'd say this is hard regardless of what car you choose)
- Getting gold in License IA-16 (R92CP in Sarthe II)
- Getting gold in License IB-7 (Z4 cone slalom)
- (find more in the "hardest license test" thread")
 
For some challenge, try Polyphony Digital Cup with a Mercedes 300 SL Coupe'54. (Extreme hall)

Although you would'nt guess from the A-spec points on offer (34 - 60), this race can get quite difficult.

Anyways keeping up with Div 3 guys (Div 1 for you) over at the WRS is all the competition I need.
 
What about ballasting your car to slow you down?
 
Duke
What about ballasting your car to slow you down?
Hiya Duke: I 've played around with Ballast only a little, as reported HERE in the Race #9 Write-up. I can say that it defintely DOES make a difference in performance :eek: but need to use it more to really figure it out...O.G. :D
 
stan394
For regular races, like previous posters said, you can make it as hard as you like by choosing a lesser car.

For out-of-box challenges, I'd recommend the following:

- Mission 34 ('nuff said)
- Mission 23
- Mission 11,12,13,14,18
I didn't struggle with any of the mission races, the last one Mission 34 is more a matter of patience, waiting at the start. It took me 3 tries to get it, I finishes less than half a second behind the first time, restarteed halfway round the second and won the third. I can't remember any other challenges in the mission hall exept for the Skyline drafting one, but once I watched Famine's vid I nailed it straight away.
 
live4speed
I didn't struggle with any of the mission races, the last one Mission 34 is more a matter of patience, waiting at the start. It took me 3 tries to get it, I finishes less than half a second behind the first time, restarteed halfway round the second and won the third. I can't remember any other challenges in the mission hall exept for the Skyline drafting one, but once I watched Famine's vid I nailed it straight away.


That may be true for PAL owners... for those with the NTSC version, Mission #34 occupies an entire Circle of Hell. :nervous: :sick:
 
jdw
That may be true for PAL owners... for those with the NTSC version, Mission #34 occupies an entire Circle of Hell. :nervous: :sick:

agreed totally. 👍
 
jdw
That may be true for PAL owners... for those with the NTSC version, Mission #34 occupies an entire Circle of Hell. :nervous: :sick:

I will never beat Mission 34. Not after six months of practice, not pumped full of steroids and human growth hormone, not with the angel Gabriel himself guiding me.

Ain't never gonna happen. No way, no how.
 
Zardoz
I will never beat Mission 34. Not after six months of practice, not pumped full of steroids and human growth hormone, not with the angel Gabriel himself guiding me.

Ain't never gonna happen. No way, no how.

Dont just give up bro, I thought the same thing when i first tried it, never able to beat this one. Then I thought if other people can beat it why can't I. AFter 1 week of attempting and reading other's notes, I nailed that bastard.
 
I'm afraid of this mission too, after I've seen some videos.....

Yeah, I'll ballast my cars, that's a good idea. I didn't think of that.

Now I'm gonna try GTWC for the 1st time, with the Nissan Pitwork Motul Z, like Old Geezer did. OG, if you want to share the info, I'm fine with it. PM me or post it here, cause I wanna have fun while playing this game :)

BTW, OG, your write-ups ROCKS!

I hope GT5 will have a better, way better AI.
 
mkay
Now I'm gonna try GTWC for the 1st time, with the Nissan Pitwork Motul Z, like Old Geezer did. OG, if you want to share the info, I'm fine with it. PM me or post it here, cause I wanna have fun while playing this game :)

BTW, OG, your write-ups ROCKS!
THANX mkay! 👍 Check HERE for the original write-up & check your PM box for some additional info. Let us know how you do & GOOD LUCK! 👍 ...O.G. :D
 
Touring Mars
The simple answer is that you can make them as easy or as tough as you want - by careful selection of your car... use the A-Spec points a guide to how hard it is going to be... last night I started Formula GT, expecting a tough battle... it didn't happen - the F1 car will only give you 60 A-Spec points per race, so I will try it again in a slower car for more of a challenge - now I'm using a list made by route_66, he has done almost every race at 200 A-Spec points - he has a list somewhere in this huge but very helpful thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761&page=1&pp=20&highlight=200+a-spec

Cheers,
TM

For those who want it, I put links to my list and Moloch_horridus' list in the first post of the thread. Going for 200points a race pulls up a lot of difficult races (some great ones, some frustrating ones) and really extended the lifespan of the game for me (as well as causing the destruction of 3 DS2's!). Give it a try.

66.
 
i'm scared like CRAZY about competing in the GTWC
right know i'm tryin' 2 win the EL CAPITAN endurance race because i get the TOYOTA MINOLTA RACE CAR
which is perfect 4 the GTWC
 
JFM92_GTRacer
i'm scared like CRAZY about competing in the GTWC
right know i'm tryin' 2 win the EL CAPITAN endurance race because i get the TOYOTA MINOLTA RACE CAR
which is perfect 4 the GTWC
Hiya JFM: If you'll read all the posts above, you'll see that the Toyota Minolta is NOT required to win this series. In fact, any of the JGTC500 are perfectly capable. Take my word for it, you'll be bored to death contesting this series in the Toyota Minolta. :indiff: ...O.G. :D
 
I got my arse whooped with the Minolta. :(

Personally I'd like to see a formula similar to that which the Arcade mode employs for opponent car selection.

As it stands now you all too often end up with AI cars that are either way faster or way slower than yours (and the other cars).

Of course there are going to be certain races which require you to use the faster (or slower) cars but I believe that by better employing race restrictions and a comparative selection process for opponent cars, you would probably end up with races that at least have the potential to be much more close and interesting. Rather than having two cars leading by 20 seconds, and a few trailing out at 20 or more seconds behind the rest of the pack.

That's not a race, its a high-speed, uncoordinated parade line. :sly:
 
Don't forget family cup, that -10 through 10 slider is pretty cool. I wish they had a minimum difficulty for each and every race in GT4, and you could use the -10 through 10 thing if the challenge wasn't challenging enough. That would be awesome.
 
Back