Difficulty Increase?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tweepent
  • 13 comments
  • 966 views
Messages
133
Messages
Tweepent
I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I just finished all of the licenses and I swear that cars I once easily whipped around the track are now over-steering around corners like I'm on ice skates. Races I used to win by 10-12 seconds I'm now struggling to place in.

Does the game get harder or am I, as my wife insists to her glee, getting worse? :grumpy:
 
Do you change your tires... that could be your problem. Also, do you play for long periods? For me the game has gotten progressively easier... or at least my car control has gotten better.
 
I've only bought tires for the rally cars to be honest. It was getting progressively easier, was starting to consistently run away with things.

Do you know if some of the games driver assists are turned on by default? I think I might have turned them all off to play the rally challenges. (Thanks for your input).
 
You're welcome! And welcome to the forums! For me since I play with no assists (except for ABS 1 for normal circuit racing and Skid Recovery ON for rally) the game just remembers my last settings and applies them. Some events turn them on/off and/or disable them from being changed. You might want to buy tires for your cars, I've noticed that most events on A-spec have unrestricted tire requirements so I would opt for the stickiest tires I can afford (Racing Softs for all my cars!) ...for B-Spec though, pay attention to the requirements. B-Spec Bob will be happy you put better tires for him.
 
Thanks Chimuel, I've been using hard tires for everything, buying softs right now. (This forum is great, I'm feeling guilty that I lurked as long as I did before signing up)
 
Thanks Chimuel, I've been using hard tires for everything, buying softs right now. (This forum is great, I'm feeling guilty that I lurked as long as I did before signing up)

You and me both. It took me a while to start posting. Happy driving and good luck on the track!
 
I must say that today I completed the AMG wet 300SL challenges in which first
I did one of the sector challenges which was a bit of a pain to get gold but after doing this I went to the complete
track challenge and strangely it felt like either I had much better tyres/parts on or the handling had changed.

I haven't checked as to the tyre situation but I would not expect the tyres to change for the same challenge.
 
I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I just finished all of the licenses and I swear that cars I once easily whipped around the track are now over-steering around corners like I'm on ice skates. Races I used to win by 10-12 seconds I'm now struggling to place in.

Does the game get harder or am I, as my wife insists to her glee, getting worse? :grumpy:

I noticed in GT4 that cars handled much better after a car wash, and also after the rigidity refresher thing. Maybe try that?
 
Thanks to both of you. Soft tires seem to have me back on course (and I noticed that I turned traction control all the way off for rally and have bumped it back to 3... yeah, I'm not a very good driver)

But wow, soft tires are incredible.
 
Thanks to both of you. Soft tires seem to have me back on course (and I noticed that I turned traction control all the way off for rally and have bumped it back to 3... yeah, I'm not a very good driver)

But wow, soft tires are incredible.

Keep driving with TCS off! You'll love it when you get the hang of it... it helped me get out of corners quicker. The only time I turn TCS on (and by on, it's always to 1) is when I'm driving my 458 or really, any similar car for launch control... if you ever get a 458 and tune it up, look up my tune for the car. Simply amazing off the grid and everywhere else!
 
Just remembered too, you need to keep an eye on what tyres you have installed.

I entered a championship not realising the previous races I did changed my tyres to sports
which was not very fun in my 88cv.
 
I must say that today I completed the AMG wet 300SL challenges in which first
I did one of the sector challenges which was a bit of a pain to get gold but after doing this I went to the complete
track challenge and strangely it felt like either I had much better tyres/parts on or the handling had changed.

I haven't checked as to the tyre situation but I would not expect the tyres to change for the same challenge.

Did you turn TCS off for the first one?

Remember guys ... TCS settings do not carry over to other cars (the first time you use it will always be set to 5) and in the special events the TCS always resets to 5.
 
Did you turn TCS off for the first one?

Remember guys ... TCS settings do not carry over to other cars (the first time you use it will always be set to 5) and in the special events the TCS always resets to 5.

Yes, TCS resets to 5 during License tests and Special events. I make it a habit to check my settings before each and every race to make sure I don't screw myself over.
 
Also remember the Licences had skid recovery force on, which basically gives you monumental unrealistic levels of grip, then you may now be racing with it off.
 
Back