Difficulty settings?

• Thread starter _g4c_
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Long post below. Proceed with caution.

So I made a post here not long ago askin about emulating GT games onto Xbox consoles cause I thought my parents wouldn’t ever get me a 16 year old console.

That was a lie. Long story short: my dad’s freakin awesome. Got me GT5 today and I’ve quickly worked my way up to the amateur series.

So now I’ve run into a bit of a problem. I’m too fast. Pretty much every race I go into, it only takes me about a lap or two to get up front and hold onto it till the finish. There any way I can bump up the AI difficulty to challenge myself a little? And if not then y’all got any car recommendations to handicap myself and do it that way?

Unfortunately, GT5 started the series tradition of the fabled chase the rabbit races - where you start half the lap down from first place and the race is just you catching up and passing them. Don't expect anything more than that, because you'll be disappointed. There's no real racing to be had like you might have wanted - and no ability to fine tune difficulty.

That said, GT5 is certainly less egregious in its portrayal of this than the later games, GT6 is particularly awful for it. Your best bet is modding your PS3 to use the GT5 Master Mod, I know it makes GT6 more challenging, so it probably does with GT5 too? Been a while so I don't remember fully (mod found in the same subforum as this, by the talented as hell Nenkai).

Or, it's just using an underpowered car until you're having some semblance of a battle (but it will just be them being slow in corners, and then pulling away in the straights).

The AI is generally fast on straights and slow in the corners, so if you pick some less grippy tires it should make things a bit more even.

you can create good races in arcade mode by entering with better compound tires and than use worse for race.. that way you can get good racing against AI in GT5.. In career mode not so much.. maybe latter in game if you decide to use underpowered cars

Back