Difficulty

• Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 11 comments
LR-MR-Cole
Does anyone else seem to have this same outcome? So I put on hardest difficulty and up till now I am winning most stages and RX races with some competition. Now that I am Elite class in both Rally and RX I have to push like holy hell just to barely crack the top 10 or make semis in RX. Monte Carlo last night out of ten stages I placed 17th. I am not complaining by any means in fact I really enjoy pushing, on the limit non stop but I notice the jump in difficulty .

... So I put on hardest difficulty ... Now that I am Elite class...
Just so you're clear, you can adjust the difficulty level in the events on the Free Play tab, but in My Team events the AI difficulty is fixed and changes based on the championship level (Elite, etc) that you are competing in. There is no option to adjust AI difficulty in My Team events. Elite is challenging, and Masters is pretty competitive with some of the top players in the world.

It's certainly debatable whether or not this is the best design choice, but regardless, this is how it is.

Does anyone else seem to have this same outcome? So I put on hardest difficulty and up till now I am winning most stages and RX races with some competition. Now that I am Elite class in both Rally and RX I have to push like holy hell just to barely crack the top 10 or make semis in RX. Monte Carlo last night out of ten stages I placed 17th. I am not complaining by any means in fact I really enjoy pushing, on the limit non stop but I notice the jump in difficulty .

It was the same in Dirt Rally. Masters difficulty was very hard. I just finished my Masters RX career championship and I managed to win 6 out of the 8 events. Some of the tracks the AI were very strong though. Catalunya and Abu Dhabi were tough, Whereas Bikernieki, Hell, Holjes and Loheac were easy wins. I think masters is easier on Dirt Rally 2.0 for me mainly because of the improvement in Controller handling.

I can't say much about the masters difficulty in Rally though as I haven't got that far. Codies did say the difficulty scale was the same from the first game so it should technically be slightly easier hopefully.

It was the same in Dirt Rally. Masters difficulty was very hard.

(xbox1 controller). With a lot of practice you could achieve things like this I post above. On the other hand, doing that on DR2 is just.., another complete different story, you know.

I'm playing RX at the moment, online career, Elite level Ford RS200, I have the car fully upgraded & yet I'm still finding it really hard. I play on controller, I finished DR RX on Masters, but this seems to be much harder.

Is this car just difficult to drive ?
Do I need to play with setup ? I'm using default.

Does anyone else think RX difficulty is harder or is it just me ?

It seems I need to really improve my skills if I ever hope to win on Elite !

I'm playing RX at the moment, online career, Elite level Ford RS200, I have the car fully upgraded & yet I'm still finding it really hard. I play on controller, I finished DR RX on Masters, but this seems to be much harder.

Is this car just difficult to drive ?
Do I need to play with setup ? I'm using default.

Does anyone else think RX difficulty is harder or is it just me ?

It seems I need to really improve my skills if I ever hope to win on Elite !
Controller settings affect 2.0 more than DR imo so a bit of tweaking might help.
If playing manual using the right stick (up/down) for gear changes & O for handbrake works well.
Some defaults are way off.Diff's,Power split,Brakes are the main culprits.
Lot's of testing @ DirtFish.

Controller settings affect 2.0 more than DR imo so a bit of tweaking might help.
If playing manual using the right stick (up/down) for gear changes & O for handbrake works well.
Some defaults are way off.Diff's,Power split,Brakes are the main culprits.
Lot's of testing @ DirtFish.

Hmmm, although I hate having to do it, (because of time), I will look into setup changes then 👍

The actual advantage and what made dualshock stood when it was released over digital inputs with the keys was precisely the ability to use every single part of a wheel travel from left to right, in other words its analog method like a wheel, and the only way to take advantage of that is setting linearity to zero. The rest is all ability with the thumb and muscle memory.

I mean if you're of the type that uses dualshock as if it were the digital keys (always tapping left-right of the stick without using the wheel travel available), then yes you will be better off using linearity. If the contrary, disable linearity for your own good as it will limit everything you truly seek to do with the dualshock stick.

Also works for dr1.

The actual advantage and what made dualshock stood when it was released over digital inputs with the keys was precisely the ability to use every single part of a wheel travel from left to right, in other words its analog method like a wheel, and the only way to take advantage of that is setting linearity to zero. The rest is all ability with the thumb and muscle memory.

I mean if you're of the type that uses dualshock as if it were the digital keys (always tapping left-right of the stick without using the wheel travel available), then yes you will be better off using linearity. If the contrary, disable linearity for your own good as it will limit everything you truly seek to do with the dualshock stick.

Also works for dr1.

What controller settings you use?

Back