Digging One Make Races

Messages
39
Messages
EternityMachine
Excluding any comments I could make about the game involving the words "Zonda" or "Nordshleife", I have to say some of the most fun I've been having in the game is redo-ing the one make races, especially some of the ones early in the game (I'm only level 16 currently, so "early" means like level 10 and below). Sure it's good for a laugh to enter my McLaren in the "British Lightweights", but nothing beats racing in the Mini Cooper Challenge or the Lupo Cup. Even the Yaris/Vitz race makes for a good time. The fact that winning depends entirely upon tuning and driving skill is a lot more fun and exciting than just having the best car. Does anyone else love these types of races? If so, what's your favorite to do?
 
I agree with you 100%, especially since GT5 has such lenient entrance requirements for certain cups. It's so easy to take your RM car into the sub-200hp opponent race.

My most memorable races are the lower class one-make races (the lupo on nordshleife was extremely fun).

And last night, I just started the lvl 20+ Nascar races. Since any mods is basically moot, I kept mine stock, and wow, those races are tough.
 
The lupo cup race caught me by surprise.

I entered it begrudgingly expecting some boring racing and I think I have a new favourite car/track combo. The Lupo Cup car handles beautifully, and is brilliant fun on the 'ring.
 
Back