Digital vs Disc.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 7 comments
Wales
Anglesey
El_Beardo_Grande
Fully appreciate this is going to be a very short thread.

GT Sport disc has died. PS4 won't read it. So, need to download a digital copy.

Is there any reason for me to buy the Spec II version, over the base? Or, am I better off saving the £10. I would assume the base copy will update to Spec II regardless, as all updates are currently installed.

Is there any reason for me to buy the Spec II version, over the base? Or, am I better off saving the £10. I would assume the base copy will update to Spec II regardless, as all updates are currently installed.
Could be talking out my arse here but I cant think of any reason. You will still keep your saved data I would assume so any possible bonus cars or such from spec 2 wouldn't matter.

No need to go for the spec 2 version at all just save the cash.

Only problem is, you need to delete your current install and download everything again (doesn't matter from which digital version, they both give you the latest anyway). If you don't re-install, the game will keep asking to insert the disc. Deleting the app and re-installing will leave your save data intact, but you can upload it to the cloud first to be sure.

Good question: I regret buying the disc, given how much I play it, and having a 2 TB hybrid SSHD in my PS4. I plan to buy it again if/when it's discounted on the PS4 store, just to avoid the disc.

Related question, since that is sorted out now: any reason I would not just transfer the HD from my current original PS4 to a PS4 Pro that I bought to upgrade (you know, 4K), and to replace the 1TB standard HDD that comes with the PS4 Pro? Would that not be the easiest way to 'transfer' the content from the older PS4 to the new one?

Good question: I regret buying the disc, given how much I play it, and having a 2 TB hybrid SSHD in my PS4. I plan to buy it again if/when it's discounted on the PS4 store, just to avoid the disc.

Related question, since that is sorted out now: any reason I would not just transfer the HD from my current original PS4 to a PS4 Pro that I bought to upgrade (you know, 4K), and to replace the 1TB standard HDD that comes with the PS4 Pro? Would that not be the easiest way to 'transfer' the content from the older PS4 to the new one?

It probably won't work. All content on the HDD is encrypted with likely the console ID. It didn't work for the ps3 so I doubt it will work for the ps4. The ps4 has a transfer option with direct network cable connection. I used that when upgrading to ps4 pro. Yet then you need 2 big HDDs :/ I went from the stock 500 to stock 1Tb thus no issues.

Correction, it definitely won't work
https://www.computerworld.com/artic...ng-from-your-old-ps4-to-your-new-ps4-pro.html

Back