DigitalBaka Productions - Aw nuts, he's back again...

DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
GalleryBanner.jpg

Yup, that's right! I am here to resurrect my mostly dust-filled gallery for GT6! It's been a long while since my last GT5 gallery update/ I tailed off a bit as I got busy and used my time to mostly concentrate on my driving skill (insert plug for WRS and FITT .... here!).

But now I have a new tool! Well, besides GT6. In the Black Friday madness that accompanies Turkey Day in The 'States I picked up a copy of Adobe Lightroom 5 for some pocket lint and a magic bean. :eek: Seriously though, it was cheap and I love it. I find it much easier to quickly dial in my desired look with the sliders rather than guessing and redoing in Photoshop CS3, which I still use to add a few things here and there. I've been getting some action on my Flickr account since I started uploading there so I am letting my bolstered ego take over a bit to start this up again. :D

So what will you find here? My GT5 gallery was tedious because I was posting all of my raw pics from a session. Not gonna repeat that mistake. I will toss up a link to my Picasa gallery and anyone who wants can take a look for themselves but in here I will only put up my edits and probably some comp entries.

Eventually I will pretty this up without the recycled banner but for now, on with the show!

Since I only edit one or two pics here and there you won't see too many per update, but this is a collection of what I have done so far:

My first shot at Lightroom editing. Still wasn't quite sure what I was doing and I sort of fell back on my old, sepia-toned style.

Not much editing went on here as it was a rushed entry for CCCL. This one I did in Photoshop primarily as I needed the familiarity to finish quickly.

Guess what I used to edit this! .....nope, wrong! This was a "craft night" creation over the holiday break. Time spent with the family means no time for the computer....so I did it on my phone while everyone was painting ornaments! :D I used Autodesk Pixlr Express for Android, which is free by the way.

I really started to like Lightroom when I did this one, but I still think it is a bit stale looking for me. Good learning though as I had to really play to get it the way I wanted. I used Photoshop only to add my sig and the frame, for which I created an action if anyone is interested in having it...very simple if I am honest.

Looooooove this Tesla edit! I was super excited to see it in the GT6 previews as it is such a pretty car. In my opinion it also drives well in GT6. I really put some time and effort in on this edit to make it look good and I am very pleased with the results. My best work to date in my opinion. Completely done in Lightroom as well.

My first try at a panorama-ish shot. I love the stretched shots I see in the galleries here so I thought I'd give it a try. I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I think the result is pretty good.

Another super quick edit. I think I spent 15 minutes tops trying to finish it before the CCCL deadline. It looks much better than things I've spent hours on!

I linked this one from Picasa because Flickr did bad things to my bumper. :grumpy: Not quite what I wanted to do with it but as close as I could get.

Last edited:
A couple new edits! I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to do with the Citroen so I played with some sliders until I came up with something. On the FXX, I wanted to give more texture or depth to the road surface. Anyone have any tips for that while staying within the 2.0 edit boundaries?

Interesting mix of shots so far, I quite like the panorama too, but I think your best shot so far is the one you think is also, the headlight shot of the Tesla S, it's great in composition, light and tone. 👍

The composition of the blue CGT is pretty good too. 👍

Thanks! So far all of these are competition shots, hence the eclectic mix. One of these days I'll sit and do a proper shot with a couple cars. I miss the choices we had in photo travel in GT5 though. Hopefully PD will bring some options in an update soon.

I have been playing with a few mobile editing apps so I may get those edits up some time in the near future. So far seem to have the same mechanics and I'm not sure which I like best. Pixlr had some nice effects and Photoshop Express seemed very close to a mobile version of Lightroom with the adjustments and presets.

Great gallery start with some very various work 👍
Love the atmosphere of "Ghost of the past", great composition ands edit work on the Tesla close shot. The scenery panorama is very good and I like a lot the Citroën GT shot 👍

Back