Dino 246 GT

• Thread starter Metalsun
  • 1 comments
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
I have had a crush on this sexy car for a very long time and when it was included, it HAD to be my first GT6 edit.

Dino 246 GT 1972 24 Hours of Le Mans
by Metalsun1, on Flickr​

As a natural progression of car racing, cars will get faster, so race tracks will need to change to slow the cars and protect the drivers. The Circuit de la Sarthe was no exception and in 1972 it had another transformation. The public road, by a white house (“Maison Blanche”), that cars raced by, was re-routed into what is now called the Porsche Curbs. Here, I recreated a Dino 246GT racing in this new road during the 1972 24 Hours of Le Mans. The 246GT came to be at Enzo Ferrari’s interest in racing in FIA Formula 2. Back then, a “true” Ferrari’s motivation was of the 12 cylinder flavor, so in honor of the 6 cylinder engine co-designer, the car was badged as a Dino, Ferrari’s then deceased son. In this race, the Dino 246GT, no. 46, chassis no. 02678, reached its most prestigious position in its racing history. The car formed part of Luigi Chinetti’s privateer team, the North American Racing Team (N.A.R.T.) and driven by Gilles Doncieux, Pierre Laffeach and Yves Forestier, to a 17th place overall finish, 7th in class.

Last edited:
Côte d'Azur_9.jpg

Be nice to see other peoples Dino shots, one per post

Last edited:
Back