"Direct your B-Spec drivers well to increase their driver class"

• Thread starter Nielsen
  • 3 comments
Denmark
Denmark
"Direct your B-Spec drivers well to increase their driver class"

That is the last piece of tutorial info we get in the first B-Spec race in the Sunday Cup. However, how relevant are our commanding skills when it comes to increasing driver class?

To test it out I created my second new driver as soon as I reached B-Spec level 5. I put my new driver into a Nissan Sileighty and entered the first race in the Sunday Cup. I did my part by giving him some good and less good commands. My driver got a 2nd place and when the race was over his driver class bar raised almost half way towards level 1 from level 0. Fair enough.

Then I gave the very same driver a Citroën 2CV and entered the same event once again. I decided not to give him any commands this time and just let him drive his own race. The Citroën 2CV was chosen to ensure he would end up being the last man to pass the finish line and that was also what happened. This time his class bar got the same amount of "fill" as it got after I completed the first race in the Nissan Sileighty.

So in the first race I did my best to help my driver. In the second race I neglected the driver. Nonetheless his class bar didn't reward it any different. It seems that our commands are irrelevant and that the class bar works more like an experience indicator. So this makes me wonder why the game tells us to direct our drivers well to increase their driver class? Have I missed something?

I think they ment that if you direct you're driver well, you'll win, and hence earn more XP... I don't think that the actual directions make an individual difference

I think they ment that if you direct you're driver well, you'll win, and hence earn more XP... I don't think that the actual directions make an individual difference

I assume you refer to B-Spec XP. In that case the B-Spec tutorial should be fixed in a patch. It's quite misleading.

Back