• Thread starter ryzno
  • 14 comments

ryzno

Slowest of the Fastest!!
(Banned)
United States
Dahlonega, GA
ryzno
Pretty much as the title says. Is there a way to directly link posts from Facebook? I tried using their embed code and when you post it you see the code and nothing happens. I see people post Tweets and it is literally the source Tweet shown here.

Pretty much as the title says. Is there a way to directly link posts from Facebook? I tried using their embed code and when you post it you see the code and nothing happens. I see people post Tweets and it is literally the source Tweet shown here.
There is a way, I did it in the "iracing.com" thread for a video.

On Facebook, I had to click at the top of the post where it said "Page Name's video" or something along those lines. The word video was link and if you click it, it should take you to a page with just that. Copy and oaste the address bar from there. I assume it may work the same for a photo post?

I am not sure about a text only post though.

Sorry if this isn't much help, but that is what I recall from my experience.

You need the direct URL to the post. Easiest way to get it is from the date line, right click and copy that link location, then just paste it in.

Can the same be done for live streams on FB?
I'm not on PC right now.

Test

Test 2

Deleted for a test.

It worked thank you very much.

Last edited:
Actually it may work for some people but it doesn't work at all for me when I view it. In @Samus' post I see one line of text then a huge blank space under it. In @ryzno's post I see the word "test", a number of blank lines (15 perhaps), the words "Test 2", another large blank area, then "It worked thank you very much." down at the bottom.

If I quote the posts, I see:
Samus
[MEDIA=facebook]10157786986085048[/MEDIA]
and
ryzno
[MEDIA=facebook]1327510893977270[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=facebook]10154984911136336[/MEDIA]
along with the text I quoted.

Actually it may work for some people but it doesn't work at all for me when I view it. In @Samus' post I see one line of text then a huge blank space under it. In @ryzno's post I see the word "test", a number of blank lines (15 perhaps), the words "Test 2", another large blank area, then "It worked thank you very much." down at the bottom.

and

The second, test was a video. It lagged the page when I posted it in a edit. I'll remove it and see if that helps.

and

Are you blocking FB in a userscript or something, perhaps?

No I am not. However I do not have a Facebook account, I don't know if that's relevant or not.

Shouldn't be, if the posts are public. If you inspect the source code can you see the iframe code?

@BobK is Javascript disabled in your browser? Disabling it (in Chrome) gives me the same blank spaces as you.
It is not disabled, although I'd love to be able to disable it. I don't believe it can be disabled in Firefox any more, although there used to be an option for it.

Back