DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I remember when I first played DR2.0 I was disappointed because the handling and physics seemed to be dumbed down a bit from the original. In hindsight it was absolutely the right call because going back to DR now its not much fun, too inconsistent as you say - something unnatural sometimes about it in that ypu commit fully over a big jump in Finland and wait to see what the physics engine has in store for you, in DR2.0 you know how the car's going to react.

That said, I think with EA SPORTS WRC they've found a happy medium - the cars are reasonably predictable, but equally feel a bit more alive and dynamic, I think DR2.0, for all it's maybe my favourite rally game ever, has gone back to feeling a little bit unengaging in comparison now whe you play them back to back.

Thanks everyone, once again I have no idea how hard rallying is so I was going by the notion that DR1 replicated it accurately. It's less fun though since it gets tiring after a short while due how scary it is for me trying to survive :lol:

DR2 felt more balanced and fair the more I tried it. If only this also have Pikes Peak....

Back