Dirt Rally Mods

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 0 comments
Croatia
Zagreb
johnwalter1044
Hello everyone, i figured this would be one thread for all of the modifications done to the game from anyone on the forums.

So here's mine:

Instructions:
It's a simple file swap. You need to have a copy of Dirt Rally and Grid 2 to do this.
And you can do this with any car (even DLC ones, but those are harder to get since they're are packed inside a file).
So this is what you need:
*For example, i will write instructions for the R34 in the video*

1. Make a backup of the folder "aqb", which is the Audi S1 Quattro

2.Then make a copy of the "sky" folder, the R34 from Grid 2, and place it somewhere.
__This is the folder which you will use for the mod

3. Go to the Grid 2, "audio" folder, and copy the 6cyl r33.bdl file. That's the R34 sound.
__Go to your copied "sky" folder, and inside make a folder called "bundle". Paste the .bdl file in there.

4. Now we're ready to rename the files. Open the "aqb" folder in the Dirt Rally directory and keep your copied "sky" folder open. Both the "aqb" and "sky" folder have files with simillar names.

5. Go to "aqb", then "bundles". Inside there's a .bdl file. Right-click, rename, copy the text.
Then rename the 6cyl r33.bdl file and paste the name. Now copy that file and replace it.
6. Do the same thing with the "livery_00" (Warning, if you're running the game on low settings, take the low sized files.).

7. And finally do the same with files in the main "sky" folder. (Warning, do not use the "cameras.xml", "sky" and "skyb" files. They crash the game.)

8. That's it. If you replaced all the needed files and giving them the names like the original, you should have a working modded car.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- This modification will potentionally crash or freeze your game.
- I don't know if this works for every car.
- If you don't know which "livery" folder the game uses, replace both folder with the files.
- This does not change the performance of the car (i didn't notice anyway).
- If you get lost in all the files copied, pasted and renamed, delete everything you made and verify the games files through Steam.

Optional:
- If you want to edit textures: PSSG Editor
- If you want to use DLC cars, you have to use this: QuickBMS and Codemasters NEFS

Back