Dirtness on Tirewall

  • Thread starter Thread starter shak3s
  • 16 comments
  • 1,865 views
Messages
11
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if GT5 have the feature to show the car's tire side-wall getting dirty?

I have not noticed in the video or in any racing games. No matter how long the race or the type of road - say rally courses, the tires will always stay perfectly black.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope GT5 supports this it would be a nice detail to have.

- Jon
 
i dont know, but i wont be looking at the sidewalls of my tyre if i'm trying to race against someone or set a new fastest lap lol
 
Tires collecting dirt would be more into the "Replays" where there are closeup shots of the tires rumbling along the road.

Also another area that should be more noticed are the "garage & car wash".

GT has these cars getting dirty over time - then why not the tires?
 
You can get dirty tires in Fuel, Motorstorm and probably also in Dirt.
My guess is that they'll at least change a bit in color.
 
Hmm something I never paid attention to. I wonder if Forza 3 has dirt on the tires. I know the sides of the cars get dirty in Forza 3 the more you drive but I never actually thought to check the wheels or tires.
 
If tires get dirty than brakes should glow. :)
 
The brakes were glowing in GT4 so I would assume the brakes will glow in GT5. But if not thats no big deal to me.
 
Brakes glow from 'Heat' generated under braking.

Yes I think he knew, but if they put a dirt effect on the tyres then there should be a heat glow effect on the brakes to xD
 
And you can use PS3 move controler for wash car. :)
 
Yes I think he knew, but if they put a dirt effect on the tyres then there should be a heat glow effect on the brakes to xD

👍

Thank you. I wouldn't expect them to glow from getting dirty.:D
 
Perhaps he thought the brakes were shy.
 
lol ^^

I would love to see my car get dirty over time, especially if I get off road in the grass/dirt and after a burnout I would love to see a darker area with rubber marbles on the lower panels. :) too much?
 
lol ^^

I would love to see my car get dirty over time, especially if I get off road in the grass/dirt and after a burnout I would love to see a darker area with rubber marbles on the lower panels. :) too much?

Would make car wash a lot more useful than in GT4. I'd like after taking cars off road, you need to wash it to get all the dirt, mus off of the car.
 
Does anyone know if GT5 have the feature to show the car's tire side-wall getting dirty?
I'd hardly call it a feature. More of a detail.
 
Back